Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

host of irish punk bands set to play at Leechrum fest

• 11-07-2005 5:39pm

a host of irish punk bands due to play at "leechrum", an alternative music festival in country leitrim august bank holiday weekend
    tickets 25euro, 60bands, 3tents, over 2 days

www.leechrum.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Where abouts in Leitrim is it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

NotMe wrote:
    Where abouts in Leitrim is it?
    The bit with the big field and the lake ;)
    I was askin a few people this too and they couldn't tell me, although they have nothin to do with it and probably like jazz anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I visit Leitrim every August and I usually stay near the big field and the lake so thats good news. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Pft, no jazz tent...

its about 5/10 minutes away from a village called Kesh Carrigan,
    about 20minutes away from Carrick on Shannon (nearest train station)
    you wont find widespread advertisement because they are trying not to attract a big crowd of local rednecks, or knackers

There will be buses going out to it friday evening and saturday morning
    there will be signposts put up along the way around the area

if anyone wants to get a cheap bus to bring them from the train station to the grounds, send me a private message and il give you details

anyway, its gonna be ****in savage, hope ye can all make it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 snotRAG

So hoo's playin n all that n anyways??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Firstly, learn how to spell you illiterate gimp and secondly, it shows the line-up on the website posted.
    You could have saved yourself an hour of time by checking the website out, but no, you had to be dumb..........and illiterate :rolleyes:

Word.

www.leechrum.com

send me a private message if your going and il give you details on how to get there

the line up is

Leechrum Tent
    WEEKEND LINEUP

STAINREMOVER
    DJ OSH
    MUNTINY ON THE GLOBE
    MUSES MURDER
    STEPHEN WHITESIDE
    GALWAY GIRL - TECHNO/ELECTRO
    DJ DEON
    LEECHRUM LIMB
    2 BIT
    QUBE
    DJ RONAN
    THALAMUS
    ALIEN ANGEL
    Filaria
    WENDIMILLER
    SAMBOEIRE
    DJ PEDRO
    SKUZZI PORT SOUND SYSTEM
    EXILE
    THE PERSON
    NOISE REDUCTION
    BARRY LYNN
    LAKKER
    BYNRAY
    ENDA 'DE KNIGHT
    THE CABIN FEVER
    NOID THE DROID
    KIDS FEDITION
    THE POPULAR CLUBBER
    UNITED BIBLE STUDIES

...more to be confirmed

SAT NIGHT
    POO PROMOTIONS MARQUEE

FILTHPACT
    RUNNIN'RIOT
    FRACTURED
    20 CENTURIES OF SLEEP
    SHERMAN M4
    TIGHTWAD
    THE SCAVENGERS
    THE FREEBOOTERS
    1000 DRUNKEN NIGHTS
    NICE'N'SLEEZY
    MOUTPIECE
    PREDICA
    ROOSKEYOUT
    CAPTAIN INSANO
    MULTISTOREY

SUNDAY 31
    POO PROMOTIONS MARQUEE

THE BLIZZARDS-
    THE UNSUSPECTING PUBLIC
    POCKET BILLIARDS
    NO MATRIX
    THE N11'S
    SNAKEBITE
    RIASTRADH
    THE VIBES
    TORN
    COLDWAR667
    KATTTARREMA STUMA
    GLOBAL UNDERGROUND
    PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHER
    CUB SCOUT DISCO
    SHORTY AND THE FAT BASTARDS
    MY FALLEN EMPIRE .com
    R NT

The D1 tent is yet to be confirmed. but from looking at the website it should be a great lineup. Theyve got some great experimental artists on that label

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Looks like I'll be spending my time at the...."poo" tent.
    Yeay.

• Advertisement

Same here, that one looks the best so far to be honest, I'll be looking forward to seeing Rooskey and Runnin Riot ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

you wont find widespread advertisement because they are trying not to attract a big crowd of local rednecks, or knackers

Wow, Modern day punk's so inclusive and averse to generalisations... :rolleyes:

Ajnag wrote:
    Wow, Modern day punk's so inclusive and averse to generalisations... :rolleyes:
    Well I certainly don't want any knacks at it. GGI was done with the just the local scene and it was a fantastic weekend. No trouble.

Besides I imagine alot of people would just go down because its a really just an excuse to drink in a different setting, and not really care about the music.

No one want's trouble at a gig, but thats no excuse to alientate the majority of people who wouldnt cause trouble. Also granted it suck's to have people present who dont care about the music, but that still dosnt justify alienating and shunning people on the basis of personal assumption. Not to mention the fact that alienating local's in a rural setting is more likely to draw trouble then not.

Also people arent born with the full experiance of music, we all learn by experiance, So why shun those who you just happen to judge in a negative light?. Its not as if I havent witness's negative acts on the punk scene, here and in holland.
    So should I judge anyone here on the basis of these acts?

Also its funny to note that some of the best trad muscians are "knack's". Even more Ironic to note that the Fleadh Ceoils seemed to have a better sense of social inclusion despite Ceoiltus being right wing old guard. Here its seems we have the oppisite.

God know's punk wouldnt want any undesirables. :rolleyes:

Ajnag wrote:
    God know's punk wouldnt want any undesirables. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

Hmm...
    Your not suggesting..... nah .... couldnt be....
    Seems maybe the right do's have a point reguarding the children of the affluent after all.
    Goddknow's punk was never a working class thing now was it?

Fúck off you nazi punks...we're too scared to face you. :eek:

By undesirables I take it you mean

a) racists
    b) drug (alcohol or whatever) fuelled nihilists
    c) a+b

There are complete ****wits in this world. I don't want them to be there causing trouble. There are the rejects of society who are rejected either because they go out to make other peoples' lives hell or because they don't feel they have to be what society demands they be. The former are the people that will cause trouble and bring the cops onto the scene and probably have the whole thing closed down.

Whoever thinks these people should be allowed turn up at leechrum can go away and fúck themselves

Dregin, I agree that no one want's assholes, just Im taking issue to vast generalisations applied in fear of these assholes. Seem's fear is everything now. Seems punk this time round rejects those who dont follow the fashion....

Is it just me who see's something wrong with that?

Well, I for one don't feel like spending the weekend sorting these people out like a mofo. It's sad that a degree of obscurity has to be applied in the planning of this, but it will make it a hell of a lot of a more enjoyable weekend if I don't have to deal with them.

Nazi punks? I've yet to actually meet one, although I've only been going to local gigs for about a year or so.

Fashion? What fashion? I'm still confused as to who exactly is being discriminated against here. I dont care if someone wears a tracksuit or whatever, thinking they're an asshat just for that is retarded. However, I still think that spreading the info by word of mouth instead of public adverts is gonna mean that the people who know about it are more likely not gonna be asshatjazzloving nazis...

I make sense somewhere in there, I hope :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Listen, any Jazz festivals on?
    I hear they're much safer.

Worst you gotta worry about there is getting spooged on by the band when their musical masturbation gets a bit too hardcore. Happy times with Jazz tbh.

• Advertisement

Fashion? What fashion? I'm still confused as to who exactly is being discriminated against here. I dont care if someone wears a tracksuit or whatever, thinking they're an asshat just for that is retarded.
    Agreed, just I fear that your attitude isnt as wide spread and that modern day punk is alot less open to the "working class" then it was at the first time round being that it was at the start a movement of disaffected youth from the "working class".

I agree with maintaining obsurity, who wants to ruin a good thing?, just I see see so many "skanger/redneck" generalisations applied to those who are the modern-day working class.

Also Im (ok was and still would be if the attitude of exclusion of some was applied) a red-neck, so I was going to take offense anyway :p

All Im saying is that people have to learn and experiance in order to change, and that shunning people will only leave them in the twilight zone of commercial dance and track-suit's only for others to carry on whinging about skangers. It's a vicious circle, and fearing a sterotype will only feed it.

Anyway, fúck it, time to burn this soapbox, Hope the gig go's well and wish I could go. :)

Ajnag wrote:
    Anyway, fúck it, time to burn this soapbox, Hope the gig go's well and wish I could go. :)

Exactly.

Punk is about self improvment by selfless means (imo anyway).
    Thats why it used to be primarily working class when it started. People were struggling and wanted to better themselves. Its less so nowadays with more monies floating around.

These socalled "knacks" have no interest in selflessly bettering themselves in any way. It may be a generalisation, but its my opinion on the matter.

These socalled "knacks" have no interest in selflessly bettering themselves in any way.
    Sorry, the soapbox aint burnt yet. As opposed to who?
    Politicians?
    The middle class?
    The rich?

The reason we live in the malaise of commercial populism is that there are plenty across all demographics who do nothing to improve themselves never mind weather its selfless or not.

Why single out one group?

Ajnag wrote:
    Sorry, the soapbox aint burnt yet. As opposed to who?
    Politicians?
    The middle class?
    The rich?

The reason we live in the malaise of commercial populism is that there are plenty across all demographics who do nothing to improve themselves never mind weather its selfless or not.

Why single out one group?
    The reason I singled out one group is because they are the group who are most likely to come down to this sort of thing just for the drink and to (possibly) cause trouble.

Believe me I don't think they they contain the only selfish assholes in the world.

Fair enough.

Just it's a wonder that one group would recive so much more ire and fear considering the other selfish asshole's of society wouldn't let a gig like this happen in the first place whatever about causing trouble.

Also I dont know about you, but I happen to have discovered most scenes(and music) by showing up for the intoxication and the party. An asshole's an asshole's dosnt really matter what cloths or demographic they belong to, I dont like discriminating asshole's by factors other then their behaviour as they seem to be fairly universal in their distribution among the human population.

Infact maybe we should be thankfull the "skangers" are drawing the police and moralist attention away to all those big dance nights?

Heh, If the sun got a picture of a punk with cardboard cruifix up his ass...well need I say anymore... ;) :eek:

Ajnag wrote:
    Heh, If the sun got a picture of a punk with cardboard cruifix up his ass...well need I say anymore... ;) :eek:

That sounds like a challenge.

lol, actually happened. Thankfully I wasnt witness to the event :D:)

That sounds like a challenge.
    OHHHHH. An ankle, a nose and a can in the face later I think it can be arranged ;)

ahhh, bend over there a second dregin, your shoe-lace is untied ;)

*takes out cardboard cross*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Council Of Ten (ex fuktifino and dogboy conspiracy) have been added to the bill. fast hardcore with the odd breakdown and melodic bits.

think weve gone a bit of the point!

Fuktifino ****in rocked tbh. Not sure on "The boy you hit is dead" just yet.

dregin wrote:
    Fuktifino ****in rocked tbh. Not sure on "The boy you hit is dead" just yet.

Linkage?

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~dregin/audio/audiofiles/fuktifino/

They have a site somewhere too. Can't remember where.....................
    http://www.angelfire.com/punk2/fuktifino/frames.html

sound for that;)

• Advertisement

No worries. Are complan playing this? I saw them listed somewhere, but not on the leechrum site....

Dunno man, was talkin to a guy from sligo from sum metal band (forget their name) and he said his band were booked but it took about 7-10 days to register on the site, which means complan might be booked but they havent yet put it up

Anyway, check out the unsuspecting public if any of yous decide to go

Aye, they were listed on the flyer I got. Hope they do play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Jim is bringing me :cool:

Anarchist wrote:
    Jim is bringing me :cool:
    Look for the Jazz tent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭hickm4

Nothing like a good session up the mountains...........

Galway instrumetal band ESC. are also playing on the saturday afternoon. Ex-fuktifino and ex-onemandown. Are ye stayin round for the weekend Hick? Gonna be savage..

the event is on outside drumshanbo, not kesh as previously posted
    i might be able to get a map up if some1 can tell me how to include images in your posts

first post your image on the net somewhere, yahoo pic's or whatever you like. Then once the pic is online and available you can right click on the pic and copy image location(depends on browser). Then come back here and you paste the url in between two Img tag's like this image and hey presto.

you can mail it to dregin[the bit that says @ goes here]gmail.com and I'll host it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Any updates on the line up for the Poo Promotions marquee for both days?

First band time each day would be good.
    Start times and band order would be even better. :)

The little map would be great too...

Afaik Complan aren't playing because a member is unavailable.
    I think theres something going on in Kilcool this weekend aswell so thats probably why.

fs

first bands on poo stage start at 12 noon both days.

Council Of Ten on stage at 4 :) on saturday

Got me a map to Leechrum site at home. I'll throw it up here later if peeps want it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement