Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with a cop show!!!

• 11-07-2005 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Right i can't remember the name of this show but i think it used to air on RTE1 very late on thursdays last summer. It was really really funny but i can't tell whether that was intentional or not, was filled with stereotypes and stuff. there was a hot head hispanic cop, an experienced black cop with street credit, a nerdy cop eh..there was at least one woman. i think it was set in california or somewhere like that.
    in one episode there were these Gangsta's having a party and the black cop called to them and then they had a drive by shooting on some old mans house!please help me i just can't remember its name!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

no idea what you are talking about...

reno 911,no? probably not! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

New York Undercover?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0108876/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

afraid not, i think it was a fairly new programme

tvnutz wrote:
    no idea what you are talking about...

reno 911,no? probably not! :rolleyes:
    no its not reno. its more serious than that but still hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Here is my guess, though probably wrong, was The Commish? Short stocky cop, jewish wife, based in New York, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The Commish

i used to love that but much prefer Michael Chiklis's latest cop show The Shield :)

damn its none of them either.**** i really wish i could remember, it was on UkLiving for a while too i think, or some digital channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

tis not wire by any chance

nope i have a feeling this will be hard to find out!!i just wanna remember the name of it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

I know the programme you're talking about but I can't think of it's name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

It was V.I.P. with Pamela Anderson! :P

Try my old thread, it may help http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152510

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I was thinking 'The Job'. I'm pretty sure it had Black Cop / Hispanic Cop / Nerdy cop etc tho it also had 'Denis Leary Cop' so that probably eliminates it straight away as I'm sure you'd have remembered him in it. Plus it was set in NY so all the evidence seems to be to the contrary. It was a comedy tho, no L/T.

Eh ... not much help there really :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

I'm nearly sure this is the one you're talking about. it's called "10-8"

http://abc.go.com/primetime/10-8/

360x240_ep1_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Here is my guess, though probably wrong, was The Commish? Short stocky cop, jewish wife, based in New York, I think.

Was this not based in Canada?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

snakeater wrote:
    I'm nearly sure this is the one you're talking about. it's called "10-8"

http://abc.go.com/primetime/10-8/

360x240_ep1_1.jpg

Yes, that's the one I was talking about.

i love you snake eater!!that show rules, now to find it on dvd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

dimerocks wrote:
    i love you snake eater!!that show rules, now to find it on dvd

VIP rules? lol no accounting for taste I suppose...I thought this show was trying to ironic or something, but it seems like it's s'posed to be taken seriously...
    :|

Wertz wrote:
    VIP rules? lol no accounting for taste I suppose...I thought this show was trying to ironic or something, but it seems like it's s'posed to be taken seriously...
    :|
    i dont think it is, i am sure its just meant to be a light hearted old jibe.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So was it VIP or 10-8?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Yeah it was 10-8. That actually was a pretty entertaining show even though it got cancelled before it even got through one season :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement