Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H:\ Drive Files

Options
  • 11-07-2005 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if/when they wipe your H:\ drive?

I have a few files on it that I could really do with keeping...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Eh, nah mate.
    I'm in second yr and I've still got files on that H:\ drive that I put there years ago. Honest to goodness YEARS ago. :D

So no, they don't wipe ur personal hard drive (why does that statement seem obscene in my head?).

At least not until ur finished college anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

I wouldn't leave anything on the H:\ that you don't have a copy of elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Excellent! :)

DIT used to delete and recreate user accounts on a 11 month basis.
    You might have different email address year to year.

The info i have on H:\ isn't essential but it would be hassle to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

One further question...

Can someone try logon to their account via ucd.ie and tell me if it's working (from outside the campus)?

/edit - OMG it's working:) - I swear it hadn't been playing ball for me for weeks now!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think I've still got stuff on my H:\ drive that I put there in 1st year. That was 2002/03...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

yeah, i've found stuff on my H drive that's been there for 5 years!
    kasintahan wrote:
    One further question...

Can someone try logon to their account via ucd.ie and tell me if it's working (from outside the campus)?

/edit - OMG it's working:) - I swear it hadn't been playing ball for me for weeks now!

i was having lots of trouble logging on from home for ages, i even rang the support line, but the goon on the other end hadn't a clue what i was on about. it's working fine now, so i think it might have something to do with the change in layout for ucd connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

H: drives dont get wiped till you leave the college and your account has been closed :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Or comp services go out on the piss and leave the backup tape behind them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, I had people come up to me who had left a year ago, and the data was still there (though the account was disabled).

Advertisement