Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designing for the Blackberry

Options
  • 11-07-2005 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone out there done any web-design for the Blackberry devices?

I am having some problems with table layouts, and most of the support out there is for application dev for BlackBerrys, rather than web dev.

For some reason unbeknownst to me, some table cells in the same row are being put in different rows rather than side by side, even if they only contain one character. I have tried using width and style attributes, all to no avail.

For instance, the following code will put the last two cells on different lines:
    <table width="100%" border="1">
    	<tr>
    		<th colspan="2">Selected Line Details</th>
    	</tr>
    	<tr>
    		<td colspan="2"><b>Line 12345</b></td>
    	</tr>
    	<tr>
    		<td colspan="2">
    			<b>No. lines</b><br>
    			some info here
    		</td>
    	</tr>
    	<tr>
    		<th colspan="2">Filters</th>
    	</tr>
    [B]	<tr>
    		<td width="50%">asd</td>
    		<td width="50%">asd</td>
    	</tr>[/B]
    </table>

If I put a border on the table, the cell appears to take up about 2/3 of the width of the screen, no matter what percentage I put in the width attribute.

But if I copy the last row and put it in as the first row, it will then work - i.e. the cells will appear next to each other. By the way, the HTML is fully validated.

If anyone has any experience with this, I would much appreciate it.

Eoin

Comments

Advertisement