Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim SMS Capacity

Options
  • 11-07-2005 7:30pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How many SMS's can an O2 or Voda SIM Card hold ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

I think around 40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

€100 :p

My "3G" Vodafone postpaid SIM holds 20 messages. But my old O2 Speakeasy SIM held 40 (it was a 32k SIM). Most O2 cards are now 32k so they'll hold 40 messages also.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Mine only stores 20 (O2) but then again, I bought my first phone in late 2001 when it was still Digifone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You can get a free sim change from o2 if you want to get a shiny new o2 sim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi Pythia,
    Pythia wrote:
    You can get a free sim change from o2 if you want to get a shiny new o2 sim.

how do I go about doing so? Do I just go into an O2 store and ask for a SIM upgrade? I'm half-expecting the member of staff to say 'so what's wrong with your old one, then?' or for them to charge me for it.

TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

All you say is something like 'I want to upgrade my sim card, it's 5 years old' or something along those lines. The shop rings up o2 and puts your number onto a blank sim. You're not charged for your first sim change.
    An up to date sim helps the phone work quicker, less freezing etc and also can store alot more names.
    Just make sure either they move your numbers across for you or you've saved your numbers to your phone so you'll still have them with the new sim.

Advertisement