Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Pricing

• 11-07-2005 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering if people think in time that the price of Broadband in this country will drop considerably?I pay €36 a month for IBB and i think it's vastly overpriced,i was with UTV before on a free trial and they were slightly cheaper but i didn't stay with them as they were looking for an installation fee whereas IBB done it for free, but my main gripe is the overall cost of Broadband in Ireland is way too high,but in time is it likely to go down?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think the prices are okay, but not for the standard of product that the irish public are getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Cremo wrote:
    i think the prices are okay, but not for the standard of product that the irish public are getting.

I don't,when you compare the pricing to the UK we are getting shafted,i know it's a bigger place and all that but you can get Broadband over there from as little as £15 a month,that's some saving on the €36 i pay with IBB,i agree with you though about the standard of product terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It only appears that we are getting shafted pricewise with Britian on the surface. If you do some research you will find that a lot of the cheaper English BB products are heavily capped (2gb for example) and the majority are very strict on going over the cap.

Granted there are a few excellent deals like Bulldog but I think that Ireland is actually okay as you get pretty good bang for your buck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Personally, i think we've just about reached a decent speed/price ratio at the moment. An increase in caps would make it better. The only thing is some ISP's (such as IBB) just aren't reliable, making the products a ripoff.

If reliability could be maintained, then we'd be flying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

im paying €15 p/m on NTL for 1mb. never any connection issues at all. has always worked perfect.

/touches wood

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

The_B_Man wrote:
    im paying €15 p/m on NTL for 1mb. never any connection issues at all. has always worked perfect.

/touches wood

€15? Thought it was €25? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

nope! us lucky chappies in tallaght who were on the NTL dial up got a free bump up to the 300k cable for same price as the dial up when NTL withdrew the phone lines. then they upgraded their entry level speed from 300k to 1mb. simple.

however, if u were to sign up to NTL now, as a non ex-dialup customer, u would pay the €25 quoted on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

The_B_Man wrote:
    nope! us lucky chappies in tallaght who were on the NTL dial up got a free bump up to the 300k cable for same price as the dial up when NTL withdrew the phone lines. then they upgraded their entry level speed from 300k to 1mb. simple.

however, if u were to sign up to NTL now, as a non ex-dialup customer, u would pay the €25 quoted on their site.

You officially have the cheapest broadband in Ireland!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

The_B_Man wrote:

/touches wood

Fcuk me that's for nothing you can count yourself lucky there,NTL don't have Broadband around my area (D7) if they did id certainly go with them(even though their customer service is an absolute joke)

Advertisement