Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Network Monitor for Solaris 8

• 29-08-2001 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

any one heard of one?
    we use NM for winnt/2k and need a version for sol8.
    any thing that has similar functionality would be great (i'm not looking for a port of NM)

thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

ntop is a network monitor for un*x and others.
    http://www.ntop.org/ntop.html
    might do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

I heard Ethereal is the best nm for Linux - I'd guess they probably have a solaris version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

What does NM do on 2K ?
    Are you looking for some sort of tcpdump type thing to just look at packets on
    the network, then snoop is probably the best/handiest
    I believe it comes with solaris by default, or at least a package on the CD.

Or are you looking to monitor a solaris machine remotely (check web server is running
    and the disks aren't full) and alert you if things change.
    Netsaint is a pretty handy monitoring tool that AFAIR
    runs on solaris, well most of the plugins are
    perl so most of it should work.

Cricket is very handy for monitoring all sorts of devices over periods of time
    giving nice MRTG like graphs, it generally uses SNMP.

Advertisement