Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling Fans

• 12-07-2005 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Are there any wrestling fans or is it just WWE fans that are on this board?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I think the term your looking for is ''sports entertainment fans''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I hear Brow is proficient in Freestyle wrestling. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

if you're talking about any of the real wrestling try the martial arts board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

No, I'm talking about proper professional wrestling, not the crap WWE spew in between bad soap opera plots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

or are u just taking a shot at the WWE?

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    No, I'm talking about proper professional wrestling, not the crap WWE spew in between bad soap opera plots.

Yeah Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, those guys are useless! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

Yep, I'd like to think I am. I haven't watched WWE in a few years. Much prefer CZW, ROH, IWA:MS and TNA.

And now with the ban on light tubes and barb-wire removed from the state of Philly CZW TOD 4 should be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Yeah Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, those guys are useless! :rolleyes:

It's not about being useless, its about what they're allowed do, and who they wrestle. Think about it, how often do those guys get to show their skills (bearing in mind that both Angle and Michaels have serious health issues). The odd time you get good matches in wwe but most of the time they're pushing their "Stars", who although undoubtedly charismatic (Hogan, Rock, Austin) are unable to "wrestle" matches (currently) as opposed to hitting spots.

Back to the original question, if by "proper professional wrestling" you mean real athletic matches (ROH, New Japan, some TNA and yes even some wwe) and not the high spot reliant butchery crap that is shown, then yes I'd like to think I'm a wrestling fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I was wondering when such snobbery any one upping would start here - "your not a real wrestling fan" and other such jaded innuendo.

For my part, I will state that up to recently, i was only aware of wwe, and wasnt aware that a decent product was available here in Ireland, in IWW. Upon this 'discovery' I have tried to keep abreast of what is going on in the Irish scene, have gone to a show, and look forward to going to another one. I would also like to see what NWA Ireland have to offer, but as Im from Cork, getting to Dublin even on a smi regular basis to see a show proves difficult, especially as the only two buddies I have who have more than a vague interest in Pro Wrestling/Wrestling/Sports Entertainment etc work weekends.

Up to recently, i had never seen TNA, but once I saw i could download episodes from nodq.com (no longer sadly), i got quite interested in that. I dont have digital TV, so i dont have TWC.

So to answer the question, yes, i would like to think that I am, but I suppose some will think differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I think think the OP might mean - amateur/Olympic style wrestling - and yes I am a fan of this style of wrestling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

wwe all the way!

although have been watching a bit of tna recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm a huge fan of a lot of non-WWE stuff, but I find it so hard to watch any. No Sky digital, no space on my hard drive, no money either. If I had those 3, I'd probably give WWE a miss a lot of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I think what the OP means is anything other than WWE. I like watching indy shows personally, trying to spot good talents before they are given a stutter or a racist gimmick or some such by the WWE. (not saying that Kindrak is good)

I watch the odd PPV if something interesting is on. I do agree that the WWE product has never been as bad as it is at the current moment but believe it is not beyond repairable. However, it has gone way downhill since they bought the competition. Have recently been impressed by TNA though. CZW can be fun, IWA Mid South likewise. Japanese stuff is the real deal although I haven't seen as much as I would like to. ROH same story, not enough exposure but I like what I have seen.

IwW is the real deal to me as well, really enjoying Whiplash TV at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I hear Brow is proficient in Freestyle wrestling. ;)

I'm sure that was a joke but I dont get it.... :confused:

I'm a fan of all types of wrestling, hell I used to mat wrestle til I picked up loads of injuries. I don't have digital so it's pretty hard to keep up with olympic and other feds other than the net. I have friends who tape stuff for me though.

Brow wrote:
    I'm sure that was a joke but I dont get it.... :confused:

It seemed the OP wanted to talk about wrestling besides the pro-wrestling variety.

We later learned it was sort of a pop at WWE.

The joke wasn't one of my best. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

OK I like TNA but what is the deal with the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Willem D wrote:
    OK I like TNA but what is the deal with the ring.

innovation?
    new ideas?

i think they are trying to show that they are not just another wcw/ecw clone and that they are a unique production in hteir own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

And the thing is, the ring works well, especially with the X matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Brow wrote:
    And the thing is, the ring works well, especially with the X matches.

I don't know, i think it's great for ultimate x but other than that it seems (to me) that the wrestlers aren't getting the same speed and momentum when running the ropes in the new ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

The six-sided ring is great for the X Division but I prefer the 4 sides for standard singles matches at least. However, I think TNA are to be applauded for trying something dfferent. Hoping that they get a cash injection and can actually compete with the WWE sometime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Goush! I wish ECW opened up it's rings again, I know WWE,TNA,ROH,UFC,PrideFC & IwW are great and all, but this was great, this was real wrestling, but this ............ was EXTREME!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Doubtful Donkey

The six sided ring is an embarrasment to wrestling.

Advertisement