Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New SEAT Leon

Options
  • 12-07-2005 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

IMG_0493.jpg

have to say I really like it.... :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Wouldn't mind a pic of the front at an angle, but otherwise it doesn't look too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Here are some more photos:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Good man. Looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Can't say I like the looks of it. The 156 copycat not showing back door handles just looks...copycat :(

I feel it doesn't work out in most angles although this is probably one of the better ones:

IMG_0152.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Looks well....but is it me or do the Leon, Toledo & Altea now all look indistinguishably similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭GOAT_BOY

hate the colour. If it were black or something it would look better. I like the interior though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

No way, its far to feminine for my liking. Thumbs down on this one, just like the new Golf and Focus
    fletch wrote:
    Looks well....but is it me or do the Leon, Toledo & Altea now all look indistinguishably similar?

its not just you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Thumbs down from me also.
    Side profile is nice but, overall, it has something of the 'bread-van' styling of the Honda Civic, not a good thing in my book.
    Seat have jumped on the 'family face/corporate nose' design bandwagon, to the extent that all their new models are fairly indinstinguishable from the front (and rear in Seat's case).
    IMO the current shape Leon, and in particular the cupra version, is far more pleasing to the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

It's nice from the side from from the other angles it just looks.....tame, like the rest of the seats. I liked the way the previous Leon looked meaner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Have to say the older one looked a lot sportier
    cuprar05.jpgcuprar2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

This is the very basic spec new leon, I agree the current leon is really nice, but the cupra R wont happen, just the FR and cupra versions, which are yet to be released.

A sport version of the leon will have the 2.0TFSI engine, only 185bhp though but thats in sport spec, the sportier models will be out next year 200bhp and 250 bhp for the 2.0T and 170 bhp for the TDi .... droolllll

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

i wonder what kind of torque the 170 Tdi will be putting out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

350 NM - 370 NM I'd say easily.... over 400 with an upgrade :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I reckon one of these will be on my shopping list in the new year. I have an Ibiza at the moment and the three year itch is setting in !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

fletch wrote:

That's exactly what the dealers are telling Seat! In the case of the Toledo in particular the dealers would have been happier to keep the old car. It was still selling in reasonable numbers but they just can't shift the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

yeah its not too bad, I have a 147 (no comments please;)) and it looks very similar, esp with the back door handles.
    Was thinking of going for a diesel engine in the next year or so, was thinking of looking at the older Leon diesel, or 147Jtd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Why do seats remind me of alfa romeos, is there a link?
    That seat cupra in the btcc looks like an alfasud of old.
    I don,t like the looks of many new cars recently, however Seat imo are doing a better job than most.
    Even bmw have turned me against them, I have loved every car bmw ever made untill the new ones, and as I am a rear wheel drive fan, the options are getting smaller.
    Anyway that looks like a nice car, I would buy one tommorow if they had'nt gone and powered the wrong wheels! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

stratos wrote:
    Why do seats remind me of alfa romeos, is there a link?

I do believe the link is Walter da Silva, the ex-Alfa designer who works for Seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thats a cool new car. i thought seat was alright but this looks cool.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Have to say i prefer the new seat offering compated to the alfa 147.

But I have to agree with fletch. Id still prefer a 02-03 cupra over them both for the looks,speed and most improtantly price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Squirrel wrote:
    I do believe the link is Walter da Silva, the ex-Alfa designer who works for Seat
    I didn't know that. I reckon he has their old catalogues.
    I hope they do the clover leaf soon, now that would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

i dont like it straight on i.e. from the front or side (back i do like) and from angles is looks great but front and side let it down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

stratos wrote:
    I hope they do the clover leaf soon, now that would be nice :)

Seat Leon 2.0 TFSI Sport-up Quadrifoglio Verde, anyone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

weemcd wrote:
    Have to say i prefer the new seat offering compated to the alfa 147.

But I have to agree with fletch. Id still prefer a 02-03 cupra over them both for the looks,speed and most improtantly price.

hmm a 01 designed/released car compared to a 05 designed/released car - not exactly like for like ;)

agreed about the cupra though!

Advertisement