Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bands,good or not.

Options
  • 12-07-2005 1:11am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Metallitia, Erin Maiden, Eyesclosed, Dawn, Steel Tormentor, The Nexus, Speedking, Ground of Ruin, Chosen.

just looking for some opinions on these bands as i havnt heard most of them and they will be coming for a 'fest' soon :),are they good or not..im quite aware i will not like erin maiden and i think i love dawn if i am thinking of the right band...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Metallitia and Speedking are good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hopefully if enough ppl here say they are good it shall be true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ive heard Steel Tormentors mp3s from their site, and they sound pretty sweet. But by listening to the recordings, ive got a slight fear that the vocals wont sound good live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

I can certainly vouch for Metallitia:- Fantastic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

Ground of Ruin are pretty good. saw them recently, they're relatively new but they play some solid metal, one to watch.

Dawn are a female fronted metal band from the north. Only a young bunch and they recently got a worldwide distribution deal, check them out.

Steel Tormentor play iron maiden type metal. The music is played well but vocals are very bad and there's not a shred of originality. If you like maiden and you're drunk enough you'll love them. If you like maiden and you're sober enought you'll ask 'why?'

The Nexus used to be called Aslyum but have undergone a huge change since then. I don't even know how to describe them now! As asylum I didn't think they were up to much but they seem to have got their act together now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Metallitia kick ass. It's about as close to the real thing as you can get. I've seen them a few times and their set is mostly 'old' stuff. Those guys also do an Ozzy tribute. Haven't heard any of the other bands though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Eyesclosed are a savage band, you can check out some of their tunes here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Metallitia played up here not so long ago (armagh) wouldnt be a huge metallica fan but everyone agreed they were fantastic.

Think i saw speedking once as well, cant remember much about them, they played pantera, metallica and some foo fighters, cant remember anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Steel Tormentor is such a great ****ing name for a Metal band... shame they sound like a poor man's Iron Maiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Dawn kick ass, havent heard any others, black metal though, so I dunno if it will be your thing.They kick ass anyways, cheggum out if youre interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Pinhead

Ground of Ruin take influences from Death and Thrash metal. They have a very agressive sound. Steel Tormentor are old school Heavy Metal, much in the vein of Judas Priest and Helloween. Their vocals are much better live than anything on MP3! I haven't heard Eyesclosed, but they're Metal all the way.

The Nexus fuse Death metal with a unqiue blend of mathcore. Dawn are Doom metal all the way through, with beautiful vocals. Speedking are pure ****ing Thrash-heads!!! Bang the head that doesn't bang! Finally, Chosen are savage Death metal. Think in the lines of Arch Enemy.

Whiplash is all about the Metal, drink and serious craic!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ok cool thanks,seems i know dawn,they are the young guys with a female singer,got some of their songs here and by coincidence it has just flicked on to one now... and i think they are great.Been finding out things about the rest and seems i will like most of them a lot apart from

'Steel Tormentor is such a great ****ing name for a Metal band... shame they sound like a poor man's Iron Maiden.'
    and erin maiden.
    the rest are sounding pretty good,i'll enjoy this one.

Advertisement