Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*Raw Spoiler*

• 12-07-2005 4:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Well, I just had to put this up, because I've just seen the most shocking thing I've ever seen on Raw. First, before Edge and Kane's match, some guy attacked Edge backstage, and he looked exactly like Matt Hardy.. Didn't see his face though

Then, back from the ads, they never mentioned the attack backstage. Which had me wondering if it actually was Matt. Turns out it was. He jumped Edge after the match, security dragged Edge away, much quicker than usual. Matt managed to get a mic, said he's going to make Adam's life a living hell, Amy's life a living hell, and that WWE can kiss his ass. Security grabbed him then, trying to get him off the mic, he was handcuffed and dragged out, shouting that WWE could kiss his ass

Back from the next break, JR said that it was an explosive Raw, and Lawler seemed to downplay him by saying it's no more explosive than last week, shaking his head. I'm still unsure what to make of it.. They never mentioned Matt's name, they didn't talk about what had happened, security was much quicker and forceful than usual, he told WWE to kiss his ass.. He has events scheduled this week, so he's hardly signed back with WWE.. Unless he's going to be some sort of renegade guy, like a one man nWo.. I hope to god he hasn't come back to WWE. But for the moment, that was one ****in hell of a segment! I suppose the answer to it all could be whether they edit it out of Wednesdays showing?

On another note, who's this Boogeyman guy?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

I think that this is gonna end up been one of the best works the WWE has ever done.
    His new character that he was working on "DIABLO" suits that role to a T and he had some pre booked stuff with ROH which he has to do!
    I say the WWE will try and make us believe that he bought a ticket and jumped the rails but I really belive that how could thousands of fans miss matt hardy in the crowd???? un-likely i say!

I say they will try and work it for another while that he is still fired etc... and I would be surprised if wwe.com mentioned it at all !

As well,if this isnt a work and he was really arrested etc...it will be all over the news tomorrow?wouldnt it?

matt hardys forum was down before matt hit the screens as well which makes me think that they planned to take it down.

I say,fair ****s anyway and I am glad he is back on T.V and I am looking forward to his future matches with edge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

if this is played properly this could really make matt hardy into a main event fave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

anyone else think that all the layoffs are also a work?

think it's some kind of new ECW invasion or breakaway?

seems weird for them to have interviews with wrestlers thoughts on being released!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

CHECK THIS SH!T OUT!!!

class

http://thematthardy.com/matthardyarrested.jpg

karlh wrote:
    anyone else think that all the layoffs are also a work?

think it's some kind of new ECW invasion or breakaway?

seems weird for them to have interviews with wrestlers thoughts on being released!?

thought it was a bit strange too. Especially after Blue Meanie had an interview up before appearing on smackdown. The only way to know for sure is if they start appearing on TNA. I don't see wwe letting any of it's workers appear there.

• Advertisement

his "statement"

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_13946.shtml

If you guys are ready for a ride, jump the f*ck on. Well, I promised you all fireworks, so I hope I didn't disappoint. As of July 11th, 2005, my personal Independence Day, the Movement has begun-- and the Movement's purpose is two-fold. Purpose one--To never let anyone control what Matt Hardy says and does and thinks. Purpose two--To make Adam Copeland, Amy Dumas, and the WWE regret what they did to me, what they did to us. It's time for Matt Hardy to stand up for all the MFer's that have been chanting "We Want Matt", and "You Screwed Matt". Although you may not know this--you guys, the MFers, started the Movement months ago. I can now finally join the Movement because I am no longer controlled by the WWE. The McMahons, the Johnny Aces, and all of the WWE management can kiss my @$$. I did what I did tonight because for me to live with myself, Adam "Feces" Copeland must pay. I'm not going to let the WWE forget that they f*cked up when they released me instead of that scumbag home-wrecker. And Amy Dumas, you know what's it's like to have me as your closest ally--but you're gonna hate to see what it's like to have me as your worst enemy b*tch. Even though I didn't slash your tires FCF, slashed tires are going to be the least of your problems--Bank on it. A little message to the whore, the feces, and the horsesh*t "family" that is the WWE--Matt Hardy is like cancer, I don't go away and you won't find a cure. I thank EVERYONE that has supported me through thick and thin--I promise I will always be there for my MFers. I love you guys--and as I always say, without you, there is no me. I am going to turn a hugely negative situation into something that will benefit us. If you don't want to be able to predict what happens next, you're all in for a treat.

P.S. - If you're thinking about pressing charges Vince, I got a couple bucks, I'll fight it. Besides, I think I might have some pixs and video from a camera phone that shows your officers Rodney Kinging my @$$. My wrist is cut from the handcuffs, and I would suggest that there was a little unnecessary roughness involved in kicking me out of your building.

P.S.S. - And don't forget to catch Matt Hardy in action this Friday in Indiana, PA, this Saturday in Woodbridge, CT, and you never know where I'll show up on Sunday. And The Matt Hardy Show is so on...

Matt "F*cking" Hardy

The first response from one of his fans on his message board wasn't so kind:

Screw you hardy, you sellout

Nice fake punches.

Nice having the mic work for you when you needed it.

Nice getting two segments in and minutes of airtime before they caught you.

Nice having the guards be in place.

Nice having WWE Cameras catch it all.

Nice haing WWE having Edge do a scene walking to the ring, just in time for you.

Nice having the guards not get to you seconds later after you are finishing talking.

I love how it fit WWE's LIVE! Air time perfectly.

Some freedom, eh Matty? First day off you go back. I love how you got passed all the security to get in in the first place.

You arn't stupid. You should know if it was real WWE Inc. wouldn't have to press charges, considering authority saw the whole thing along with Video footage.

i always though it was a big mad work alright.....

100%!

clever tho.

so is he still doing iww?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Macaroonie

The WWE let Matt Hardy "invade" Raw just to get him publicity for his independent shows,They did it for ECW so I guess they are doing the same for ROH since most of their wrestlers get work as jobbers in WWE. He is not working for WWE and will wrestle IWW. I hope I am right about this.

Macaroonie wrote:
    The WWE let Matt Hardy "invade" Raw just to get him publicity for his independent shows,They did it for ECW so I guess they are doing the same for ROH since most of their wrestlers get work as jobbers in WWE. He is not working for WWE and will wrestle IWW. I hope I am right about this.

Could also be the fact they've a PPV coming up and what better way to publicise it than to get the hottest wrestler in the business at the moment turn up?? whether or not he turns up on raw next week is a big question, but i'd almost bank on it that he'llbe at the PPV..

• Advertisement

and then they go post it all on the WWE site!?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/matthardy

the whole thing is a work, a great one though. WWE are just using the internet rumour mill perfectly. exact same thing is happening with JBL and the Blue Meanie......and the realeases come to think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

this seems to suggest he is still going to IWW

http://newxtremeboard.proboards35.com/index.cgi?board=matt&action=display&thread=1111454492

him getting "arrested" pic attached:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Does this mean he and Lita are still going out. Personally i dont know would I want her

001.jpg

If ^ is what he has traded up for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

It has all been a work and the best ever really!
    They are going to stick with this lone ranger vigilanty role to fit in with the Diablo character!
    It should be interesting times ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I woke up this morning with the dream gone, convinced it was all a work. But now I've got a new theory on it..

My understanding would be that the whole deal with Edge and Lita really happened, Matt split with her, he got fired. WWE realised it was a mistake. They do their best to get Matt back in the company, but he doesn't want to. But I think they've come to some deal where WWE allows Matt appear on their tv time, obviously boosting ratings, seeing as he's the most talked about wrestler around atm. So WWE benefits from having people watching their show, and Matt benefits by having people talk about him and become more interested in him. I still believe that Matt is not going back to WWE though. You've got to agree that even if the whole thing is a work, Matt would be better off ending his contract and going to ROH or TNA

WWE has been very open about the business lately though, especially on their website. Even if it was a shoot, they'd be posting something on it

Yeah, I'm convinced now that they're making a work out of it, but that Matt is not staying in WWE. I hope I'm right..

If it was actually a work, I could conceivabley forgive him for being such a sap.

rapidshare aint working, any chance of emailing it to me??

cheers

Strange, it was working 5 minutes ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

The link is borked.

• Advertisement

maybe the boards.ie code shortened the link and it wont work.
    could you post the url without changing it to a hyperlink???

http://rapidshare.de/files/2987459/hardy_invades_raw.wmv.html

seems to be working now.

Click for free download, and go to the bottom of the next page.

cheers mate. cant wait to watch it.

now thats entertainment.. feels like the good old days of decent stroylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

To be honest, I'm not surprised. Ever since they played Matt's music but didn't have him come out, I knew he would be along. I don't know how much of it was a shoot (if any, to be honest), but it was done fantastically! Matt will be sooo over now, and his (presumed) match against Edge at Summerslam should have some serious heat.

Really, no one could possibly elieve that what happened on RAW was a shoot at this stage. I imagine they are going to play him as a rebel for the next while, allowing him to post worked shoot-style (if that isn't an oxymoron) interviews on his site, and making more tv appearances like last nights. I'll bet that his eventual match with Edge will be non-sanctioned, like the Summerslam 2002 match between Triple H and Shawn Michaels.

Exciting times!

Watching it back there, I remember my initial reaction (until I saw Matt's face as he left the ring) was that it was just some random guy who looked a bit like Matt. That really would have made people hate WWE!

thanks for the link gimmick, looks good.. pity the security jumped in after matt so quick.. i would have liked to see the two of them go at it for a bit..

Cactus Col wrote:
    so is he still doing iww?

From PWtorch
    As just about everyone knows (we are still getting emails), Matt Hardy's run-in last night was scripted and was part of the RAW show. It appears right now that WWE and Hardy had a verbal agreement worked out shortily before his music played on RAW several weeks ago. (likely between June 13th and June 20th). Hardy then wrote commentaries over the past several weeks indicating that he was heading to TNA. He had never signed a deal with TNA but had inked deals with ROH among others. Hardy was also skeptical about taking new bookings to those who would pay over the last several weeks. Hardy will still work the indy dates he's scheduled for although it is not known if he'll book new ones.

Hopefully that answers that question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Every time I decide to miss the Raw on Monday night it turns out to be a great one! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I missed it too. Just bad luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Fozzy wrote:
    On another note, who's this Boogeyman guy?!

Dunno if anyone remembers but during the tough enough tryouts last year there was this monsterous black guy disqualified for lying about his age - Marty Wright - they signed him up and is now the boogeyman. Incidentally jim cornettes firing was related to him in that the reason cornette hit the trainee wrestler was that he didn't show any fear towards wright/the boogeyman during an ovw show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I thought Boogeyman was Kane's movie he had coming out ? I heard of this Boogeyman in OVW, but just presumed it was a some sort of a preview of Kane's film.

i was reading stuff yesterday about cornette and marty wright.. cant remember where maybe pwtorch or some other forum..

apparentley wright shows no remorse or restraint when in the ring and cornette refused to train him, claiming he has serious psychological problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Boogeyman...what a crap name...

I remember seeing the bloke on Tough Enough though. The guy is built. He benched some huge weight without effort and wore face paint all through the auditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

best work in years.

• Advertisement

I thought Boogeyman was Kane's movie he had coming out ? I heard of this Boogeyman in OVW, but just presumed it was a some sort of a preview of Kane's film.

his film is See No Evil

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437179/

its sounds like it based around the boogeyman concept.. its gonna be weak

other wrestlers have films out next year aswell
    Stone Cold - The Condemmed
    HHH - Jornado Del Muerte
    John Cena - The Marine

julep wrote:
    best work in years.

You don't believe the whole thing is a work, do you?

just watched the byte this interview, pretty entertaining stuff, if heavily scripted.
    Got a bit of a shock when Matt called in, nice colourful language, it seemed like he was just cutting one big long promo though. Amy/Lita actually looked a bit emotional when he was talking about their relationship.. he totally sabotaged the whole thing, which was cool.. Plugged ROH too, what a legend

Advertisement