Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post- swiftpost

Options
  • 12-07-2005 7:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I posted a letter by swiftpost yesterday. It cost a whopping €4.30 :mad:

Thats 9 times the price of a 48c stamp. Outragous.

How do they justify the cost?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Something to do with the fact that they guarantee it will arrive next-day ?

Then again you don't have to use it if you don't want to , it's not as if it's compulsory.

How much would DHL charge to deliver the letter next day ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

Bond-007 wrote:
    I posted a letter by swiftpost yesterday. It cost a whopping €4.30 :mad:

Thats 9 times the price of a 48c stamp. Outragous.

How do they justify the cost?

What a ridiculous post!!!!

How do they justify the cost??? It's all in the name..... duh!!!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I do remember Swiftpost being a fair bit cheaper than that, but meh! I paid €3.80 to send a registered letter, so maybe try reged letters instead of Swiftpost in future... better value for yer buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

you paid that much because its swiftpost.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

and if you use dhl in country areas and anything goes wrong they just return the package just had that problem when the phone number was wrong they didnt try to deliver it (despite delivering numerous packages before) they just returned it b*stards luckily i got my money back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How much was DHL?

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

byte wrote:
    so maybe try reged letters instead of Swiftpost in future... better value for yer buck.

True, but just remember that registration only guarentees a payment in the event of loss, not express delivery whereas swiftpost only guarentees next working day delivery, no payment in the event of loss

Dr. Spock wrote:
    True, but just remember that registration only guarentees a payment in the event of loss, not express delivery whereas swiftpost only guarentees next working day delivery, no payment in the event of loss
    Refund of fee paid if lost or late. There is no gaurantee of next day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I used to be a graphic designer so regularly I'd have to get a job to a printer by the next day(This was in the days before broadband). I'd have to use Swiftpost, but they mange to deliver late quite a bit. I'd say you'd have just as much luck with the regular post... I don't really care about getting my €4.30 back.. I just want the thing delivered on time which they failed to do on several occasions, and it never seem to be an straight forward procedure to claim back your money if they delivered late. I certainly never felt it was worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

with swift post you can track online:) and the package is usually insured:)

• Advertisement

No insurance with swiftpost, only insurance with registered mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

my god! it is a rip off then, as they told me it was insured when sending a package

Advertisement