Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra '97 External Tepmerature Sensor

Options
  • 12-07-2005 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering does anyone know where the external temperature sensor is on a 97 opel astra (MK3). The display on the dash just says --.- and i wanted to check if it is connected properly.

Do these cost much to replace?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I dont know. Thats a good question a mate of mind is having a few problems with his 97 Astra as well.

Have yo had many problems with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I have the car nearly a year now and I've had no problems. Well apart from the wing mirrors keep falling off :D , but thats about it. No mechanical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Its a small black plastic cube with some wires coming out of it inside your front bumper on the right(drivers) side. Should be around the wing/corner and you may be able to access it from under the bonnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Actually I thought it was located on the left side, bottom of the bumper. If you lie on your back and look at the "spoiler" area you will see a small spud protruding with some little claw clips around it. Push the clips towards the centre and it will pop up and you can withdraw it and its wiring from beneath the car !

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I knew the sensor had gone on my 307 when I came got into it on a blistering day and the "ice alert" was displayed...

• Advertisement

MercMad wrote:
    Actually I thought it was located on the left side, bottom of the bumper. If you lie on your back and look at the "spoiler" area you will see a small spud protruding with some little claw clips around it. Push the clips towards the centre and it will pop up and you can withdraw it and its wiring from beneath the car !

Actually it could be, its a few years since I had to mess with one. And it was a 95 model.

Look under the bumber anyway and you'll find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I looked under the bumber and there's no sign of it. I'd say the previous owner removed it..... or it fell off.....

Well thats why I was working with it - I took it off I think because it was hanging down and dragging along the road.

Advertisement