Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB US stylee

Options
  • 12-07-2005 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Speaking of Big Brother, you people seen the women in the US version? I'm sure the guys are great too, but woah!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/

Anyone ever watched the US version? Is it as insipid as Survivor and all those other US reality shows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, watched the first episode over the weekend. It really is "Survivor In A Box" (the only thing in common with the UK BB is that they live in a house and one person leaves every week!), but its usually very entertaining. And yes, they have some great looking girls on it this year.

A nice twist this year is that each person is playing with a secret partner in the house (and each team think they are the only team!). If both make it to the last two, they will both make more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

how much is the USA jaxpot?

I think its $500,000 for the winner, but $1,000,000 if they make it to the end with their partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Its done so much better.
    They get fined for not wearing their mic's - 5,000
    They get fined for talking about nominations, not following BB's directions - 10,000 and so on.

At least they dont have to listen to the bi*ching about nominations day after day without any punishment because there's an incentive not to talk about nominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bamboozled wrote:
    They get fined for not wearing their mic's - 5,000
    They get fined for talking about nominations, not following BB's directions - 10,000 and so on.

Didn't they do that last year in the UK BB?

Well, maybe not fine people for the things listed above but I do remember them taking money off the total winnings for certain things.

The funniest was when they were kicking that fool Kitten out of the house and she refused to leave. So big Brother just decided to knock a grand off the total for every minute she stayed in the house. I never seen so many people do a turnabout of supporting something to being like GTF out now!! :D

B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

They tied the money in with the tasks. It gave the housemates an even bigger incentive to pass.

Can you see any of this years lot swallowing fish-guts or sliding down into them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The BB:US barbie is actually one of the more intelligent women in the house!

Watched the second episode last night. Its actually very good. There are secrets in the house, and one of the HMs (through a series of clues) found one of them (a hidden room). Very clever and very well done....

Oh, and they finally dumped that horrible anaemic piano theme and went for a new rock theme (which sounds so much better).

Enjoying it so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

where can you watch BB US??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

In the US? ;)

One thing I noticed after the first show is that they showed 'highlights' of the season to come. So, evidently, at least part of the show has been played out already. I guess with no live voting required (as far as I understand, the HoH determines who's voted out) there's no need for it to be 'happening' now, but it's still a little iffy to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Which series did e4 show a while back. That was ****ing brilliant!

Advertisement