Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Import Gamecube games?

Options
  • 12-07-2005 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

What games with no european release are really worth tracking down?

Japanese or US...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I-Ninja (US)... fun platformer. Some sort of "PS2 exclusive" deal was setup in Europe, so it never got an EU release.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/cube/ininja

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Alien Hominid Works a lot better on the Cube controller. Wasn't released for the Cube in Europe.

Can't really think of many more. Surprisingly nintendo were very good to us with the GC despite the Animal Crossing fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Haven't played them myself, but I've heard the Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen games are good 2D fighters. :)

Also going the import route may be your best chance of getting your hands on Ikaruga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Also going the import route may be your best chance of getting your hands on Ikaruga.
    it's still in stock over at simplygames...
    (thanks again kirb)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They refused my credit card. Bastards,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Haven't played them myself, but I've heard the Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen games are good 2D fighters. :)

will check em out.

Obtained ;) ikaruga the other day - very addictive. Has completely repoened the scrolling shooter genre to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Obtained ;) ikaruga the other day - very addictive. Has completely repoened the scrolling shooter genre to me.
    aye. seems fairly nifty.
    i wonder if my flatmate would object to me turning his tv on it's side :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

megaman anniversary collection! megaman rocks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

evad_lhorg wrote:
    megaman anniversary collection! megaman rocks!

My copy got lost in postland. Have to wait another week before playasia will send me another copy.Well at least I hope they will. They have to investigate the post office or something first.

Anyway, its a great little compilation. Mega Man 2 and 3 and two of the best games ever and the other 6 are great games.There are alos two obscure arcade games included.

Question for evad_lhorg, did they remix the music? The NES music for megaman 2 always sounded better than any of the remixed music. You've got to love bubbleman's music :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

It's also the only way you SHOULD get Ikaruga!

Once you've played the US/JPN version, you cry any time you see the PAL-crippled version:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

dearg_doom wrote:

Once you've played the US/JPN version, you cry any time you see the PAL-crippled version:(
    Why what did they do to it?

Retr0gamer wrote:
    My copy got lost in postland. Have to wait another week before playasia will send me another copy.Well at least I hope they will. They have to investigate the post office or something first.

Anyway, its a great little compilation. Mega Man 2 and 3 and two of the best games ever and the other 6 are great games.There are alos two obscure arcade games included.

Question for evad_lhorg, did they remix the music? The NES music for megaman 2 always sounded better than any of the remixed music. You've got to love bubbleman's music :)

ill be honest in saying i dont own it. i still must get myself a credit card and pick it up. i have played megaman 1-4 on the NES and they are amazing games and rock hard too. megaman 2 is probably my favourite though.

dearg_doom wrote:

The 60Hz mode is fantastic and is as good as the NTSC version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

It wasn't last time I played it.

Also I heard a while ago about a couple of recent Gundam games that were supposed to be good(and in English too:!), but I never got round to getting them. If their any good, let us know:D

Finally got MM collection but my brother has my freeloader disc for Resi 4 :mad:

ah ill take it until you get it back. lol

Advertisement