Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6680 or iRiver H10

Options
  • 12-07-2005 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I just sold my ipod so i got a few ton in the pocket. Trying to figure out what ill get to replace it. I need an mp3 player but a multi-functional gadget like the Nokia 6680 would be nice too if the mp3 functionality is up to scratch. I don't really need a whole load of storage, somewhere round the 1gb margin would suit me perfectly. So I can buy a 1gb rsmmc card (i reckon). Anyone got feedback on any of these items. I'd like some key questions answered such as battery life expectancy and user interface issues with the Nokia. I actually sold the pod to get the iriver, but over the weekend i bought the girlfriend a new 3g phone and got thinking bout getting one of those. Plus there is 100 off them at the moment so there a good deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The key question is "Do you want an MP3 player or a phone?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

That's probably the question i should be asking but the fact is, i can't make up my mind. I'm a gadget freak :D . I reckon if the mp3 player function is up to scratch ie. It supports directory structures for albums and allows easy browsing between albums and plays files sequentially it'd be ok. I am just looking at a review of the phone here and the one thing i don't like about it is the headphones. U get the classic nokia connector which I absolutely hate. One because if you break the headphones u got to buy those particular ones and second because there so god damn awkward. If u have the player in your pocket u must put it in upside down as the the connector is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

qBot wrote:
    somewhere round the 1gb margin would suit me perfectly. So I can buy a 1gb rsmmc card (i reckon).
    The new nokia phones only take RS-DV-MMC cards. AFAIK, these haven't yet passed the 512Mb mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Decided to go against the Nokia phone. Too expensive and probably wouldn't really be a great mp3 player at the end of the day.

Advertisement