Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcarin Exchange

• 12-07-2005 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

got onto eircom this morning and was talking to John in the BB Test area and according to him the exchange is to be upgraded in September

Seems ok guy at leas he new what he was talking about which is a new for eircom telesales

Now lets all hope this is true

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Tonio

Excellent news but about time! Is Johnstown Village close enough to the exchange to receive DSL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Zwartsj

As far as I know the range is around 4km please correct me if im wrong.
    And the exchange is next to the old bridge inn @ the bus stop to Dublin so to my calculations we are well within the range

Still hoping for the best

Any news on the upgrade of the Kilcarn exchange? I have no wireless BB for the last 5 months - am still waiting for an 'upgrade' :confused: from dodgyweb :p . Will tell them to bugger off as soon as Kilcarn is upgraded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chris1

Hi all,I,m in Beechgrove and checked my lin on the Eircom web site,and to my suprise is now broadband enabled.I ordered itthe next morning and was given a date foe 10th November.Check you phone lines guys and gals it's Here.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Chris1 wrote:
    Hi all,I,m in Beechgrove and checked my lin on the Eircom web site,and to my suprise is now broadband enabled.I ordered itthe next morning and was given a date foe 10th November.Check you phone lines guys and gals it's Here.

Chris

how come you had to be given a date? I ordered BB off them the other day and all they have to do is send the modem and stuff out to me, I can install it myself

• Advertisement

how come you had to be given a date? I ordered BB off them the other day and all they have to do is send the modem and stuff out to me, I can install it myself

The Reason for the date is because they send someone to the exchance to jump my line and uncap it,that's what they charge the €9.99 for.They will post my modem out to me and this will all be done by the date they gave me,maybe it's a bit longer because the exchange is new to BB.

Chris

I am in Johnstown Village - same distance as Johnstown Wood fron the exchange. I just tested my line and it is still failing - any ideas? :confused:

Tonio wrote:
    I am in Johnstown Village - same distance as Johnstown Wood fron the exchange. I just tested my line and it is still failing - any ideas? :confused:
    Tonio can’t see why your line is still failing as far as I know you should be on the same exchange and in fact depending on what side of the village you are you should be a bit closer to it than what I am

any ideas on what isp to go for I have narrowed it down to UTV and Esat bt but cant make the final choice.

Tonio wrote:
    Hi Tonio,ring eircom and request a line check they do this in 5-10 days,maybe they just need to update the information on your line.

Chris

Chris1 wrote:
    Hi Tonio,ring eircom and request a line check they do this in 5-10 days,maybe they just need to update the information on your line.

Chris
    Thanks for the info. I contacted Eircom and they said the line had not been tested yet but they would test it for me. Said I should have the results mid next week. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Checked my line again today and it passed. That was a very fast response from Eircom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Tonio wrote:
    Checked my line again today and it passed. That was a very fast response from Eircom!
    Now you order your BB from BT:D

Tonio wrote:
    Happy to see it all worked out Tonio,broadband at last yipee...

Chris

Got my modem this morning,all up and running,a lot quicker then dial up.

Chris1 wrote:
    Got my modem this morning,all up and running,a lot quicker then dial up.
    Congrats. I just ordered mine from BT - €40 pm incl line rental - bye bye Eircom

Tonio,did not want to chance going with someone else first time,after six months i can change.BT @ €40 2MB Lline not bad,when looking at there site was not sure if line rental was included,did someone from Bt confirm this?

Chris1 wrote:
    Tonio,did not want to chance going with someone else first time,after six months i can change.BT @ €40 2MB Lline not bad,when looking at there site was not sure if line rental was included,did someone from Bt confirm this?
    I will take a chance. This link says that €40 includes line rental. The speed is 1Mb not 2. See the section called "Get BT Broadband and Line Rental for just €25** " - first 4 mths @ €25 then €40.

https://www.esatbt.com/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_products&residentialProducts_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FresidentialContent%2Fproducts%2FbbBenefits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

just checked my line and i passed, anyone got a preference on isp.

i'm only with eircom 2 days and am going to cancle,i got the home starter at€30pm 1mb line with 8gb download,they forgot to tell me i only get 1mb upload.Like Tonio i'm going to esat BT.

should have a look at this
    http://www.gaelictelecom.ie/alwayson.php
    i signed up today, i know the contention is a little high. but it has a 12gb cap. which is the highest for a 1 mg line that i have seen, for €20 per month works out €240 + €45 connection charge + router rental for a year €36, still €321 for a 1 mg for the year, is not bad and you dont have to take any phone packages.

• Advertisement

Tonio wrote:
    I will take a chance. This link says that €40 includes line rental. The speed is 1Mb not 2. See the section called "Get BT Broadband and Line Rental for just €25** " - first 4 mths @ €25 then €40.

https://www.esatbt.com/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_products&residentialProducts_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FresidentialContent%2Fproducts%2FbbBenefits

I ordered from BT mainly for the 24GB Cap now what I was told its going to be €35 for first 4 months (inc line rental) this is because I save for online billing and after the 4 months its going up to €50. now all I have to do is wait for my modem.

Joe,is that 2mb line youre getting for that price?if so i think it's worth the extra €10 Tonio is paying €40 for a 1mb line.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Hi

Just checked my line today and Bailis downs lines are still not passing, checked 3-4 phone numbers from other states too and they passed,
    eircom please come to bailis dons.
    rgds

AC

Chris1 wrote:
    Joe,is that 2mb line youre getting for that price?if so i think it's worth the extra €10 Tonio is paying €40 for a 1mb line.

chris it is indeed the 2mb line cant see the point in going for the 1mb line as i watch a lot of streaming from South Africa online.

joe i reckon your right with your choice of isp.
    i cancelled my order from gaelic telecom well within the 10 day cooling off period. i'm goin to go with bt, i didn't realise the line rental was included in the price for an extra €10. well spotted!!!
    hope these are better than digiweb, well for me in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

Hi

Im in Cill Foireann behind O'Briens pub in Johnstown village....

number is in range 909xxxx tried several numbers for neighbours in estate and we all failed...

Anyone in Cill Foireann got BB yet ....????

Crumble

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Crumble

My line was failing and we have to ring 1901 and the lady told that the line will be tested in next 3 days.
    It was friday and i re-cehcekd on Tuesday and all passed.

I would suggets try the same.

Rgds

AC

Crumble wrote:
    Hi

Im in Cill Foireann behind O'Briens pub in Johnstown village....

number is in range 909xxxx tried several numbers for neighbours in estate and we all failed...

Anyone in Cill Foireann got BB yet ....????

Crumble
    Crumble, I am in Cill Foireann and after ringing eircom I checked the site the following day and passed. Still waiting for BT to connect me though - 2 weeks and counting.........

Tonio wrote:
    Crumble, I am in Cill Foireann and after ringing eircom I checked the site the following day and passed. Still waiting for BT to connect me though - 2 weeks and counting.........

ya i rang them on Friday to check what the update is and I was told that it can take 2.5 to 3.5 weeks.
    So all we can do is simply wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

Great news... cant wait.

Advertisement