Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcarin Exchange

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

Contacted Eircom on Monday.... was told that NO my line was a fail and it would not be available till January ......

I told her that I knew for a fact that the exchange was already enabled and that I thought that perhaps my line was failing as it had not been tested yet.

To which she replied " thats a possibility, I'll put in a request for it to be tested".

If I had not persisted I would have accepted her word and hung up disapointed.

Anyway my story has a happy ending...

Today ( Wednesday ) my line passed yipee!!

I've ordered Eircom Home Plus ( went with eircom against my better judgement )

Roll on the 8th of December.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Chris1

You wont have to wait that long,u should have it by next Thursday or Friday,then it only takes a few minuets to set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

alright lads,
    i've received my router from bt today, (this is probaly an obivous question), but do i have to wait for a separate BB username & password?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Tonio

heffo9 wrote:
    alright lads,
    i've received my router from bt today, (this is probaly an obivous question), but do i have to wait for a separate BB username & password?.
    My BT order is marked 'completed' since yesterday so I guess my modem is in the post. Anyhow, I ordered online and I seem to remember choosing my username and password during the application.

Tonio, i also chose a username etc., but in the instructions for setting up the modem, it refers to '@btbb' at the end of your user name.
    i'm goin to look at it tomorrow,
    but, just now the penny drops, you have to put @btbb at the end of your username.
    ignore my previous babbling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

crumble

see you got it passed
    enjoy now

i dont know if i have to order eircom or BT
    joe saying BT
    wanna wait couple of days anyway

i say we should put a flyer or a notice board in super value on sunday just to let the people know that BB is available in area and the story of ericom for testing
    not sure if i get buy off from group so just wanted to put on board

what da ya think?

regards

AC

Got my router last night and setup was a piece of pi$$. Happy days!!!!!

likewise tonio, i set it up today, ****in deadly!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

ASTRACLUB wrote:
    crumble

see you got it passed
    enjoy now

i dont know if i have to order eircom or BT
    joe saying BT
    wanna wait couple of days anyway

i say we should put a flyer or a notice board in super value on sunday just to let the people know that BB is available in area and the story of ericom for testing
    not sure if i get buy off from group so just wanted to put on board

what da ya think?

regards

AC

Hell No..... we want to keep the contention ratios down for as long as possible LOL

Seriously though not a bad idea !

Any news of the Kilarn exchange being upgraded? Mt BT broadband speed is still 1 meg. I had expected it to be 2 meg down and 256k up before now. Anyone else having the same experience?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Zwartsj

I have been running on the 3mb line since the 25th so as far as i know we are upgraded.

you may want to run it by your ISP.

Advertisement