Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Why 98FM? WHY???

• 12-07-2005 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that 98FM have taken to editing about a minute out of almost every song they're playing these days?

I nearly pass out when they cut Sweet Child O' Mine down to about 2 and a half minutes. There's a ton of others as well and it has nothing to do with bad language, and they're not "radio edits" either. It seems like some genius in there decided every song will be no longer than a set time?

Sorry 98FM, but if you're not playing full songs, how can you expect to retain listeners?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Yeah noticed that, think i put it in the "get it off your chest thread". Its a pain when a decent song comes on although not so bad when coldplay come on ;) Thats a great tune and its annoying when they cut the wah wah part of the solo on other stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Its a revolting station, simply dont listen to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Genghis

98FM are the worst excuse for a radio station ever. They are completely commercial. I Hate them with a passion, to the point where I could not stay in the company of someone listening to it on (say) their car radio.

Do yourself a favour and tune out.

Incidentally, I often thought it would be a good idea to mount a campaign for all iPod / iTrip users to broadcast on the same frequency as 98FM. If enough people did it, we could do the city a favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

98FM = Bilge
    FM 104 = Dross
    Spin = Drivel
    RTE = Pissflaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Genghis wrote:
    Incidentally, I often thought it would be a good idea to mount a campaign for all iPod / iTrip users to broadcast on the same frequency as 98FM.

Cool, what frequency is that then? ;)

98FM has always and will always be an enemy to those who actually like music. This kind of nonsense should not be a surprise to anyone. TBH I'm actually astonished they even give two and a half minutes to Guns N Roses.

I vaguely remember a poem about this in Hot Press years ago which hit the nail on the head entitled "Ode To The Cocksuckers At 98FM"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

magpie wrote:
    98FM = Bilge
    FM 104 = Dross
    Spin = Drivel
    RTE = Pissflaps

Love that word pissflaps. I like a bit of chatter on a radio station. If I just wanted to listen to music I'd stick in a cd. 98FM are good in the morning (morning crew) but yeah they are heavily commercial station but people tend to flick channels, as they do when commercials come on the tv. Lets get a boards radio station. BoardsFM, I bags sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

i bags being the hot annoying Female aka jenny from the Darcy show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

magpie wrote:
    98FM = Bilge
    FM 104 = Dross
    Spin = Drivel
    RTE = Pissflaps

LOL I agree though. Radio stations are very poor these days. I pretty much stopped listening to them. I'll listen to Dave Fanning or Lyric for some culture and thats about it.

Advertisement