Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm going to Game today.

Options
  • 12-07-2005 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

What GC games should I keep an eye out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Resident Evil 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Depends what you're into

RPG - Baten Kaitos
    Paper Mario: 1000 year door
    Tales of Symphonia

Action - Metroid 1 & 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm after the "must-have" titles of the GC. And I have around 60 quid.

Oh and I'm looking for a game that has longevity, dont want a 5 minute wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

qz wrote:
    Resident Evil 4?

What was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Get the Zelda windstalker special edition if possible.

It comes with windstalker, ocarina of time and the master quests for Ocarina, which were never released....

• Advertisement

BizzyC wrote:

It comes with windstalker, ocarina of time and the master quests for Ocarina, which were never released....
    A mate of mine is giving me a loan of that, but if I see it I'll most likely pick it up (OoT was one of the main reasons I got a GC, as N64's are a rarity these days.)

Is Resi 4 a long game? Or is it the usual 3 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

resi4 is beatable in about 15 hours if you know what you are doing(faqs etc) but if you have played previous games and are playing without the aid of an faq add 3-5 hours. every minute of it enjoyable.

Cool stuff, I might just have to get it then.

Well off I go, I shall report back when I return home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

BizzyC wrote:

It's WindWAKER... why do people always get that wrong somehow...? and why does it always upset me so...? I guess we'll never know...

Personally I think Animal Crossing is a great game for longevity. There's a good chance that it may not be your cup of tea though. You play a little person who lives in a village full of different animals and you spend your days doing favours for them, catching fish and bugs, decorating your house and designing clothes for yourself. I think it's a wonderful game and it's extra fun if you have someone else with a little person in your village, although you can never both be there at the same time.

Animal Crossing DS is the game I'm looking forward to the most this year.

Oh.. and Mario Kart: Double Dash is the game that spends the most time in my Game Cube. It's always good for a quick game here and there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

F-zero is probably a better single player racer than MK double dash. DD beats it hands down in multiplayer.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    F-zero is probably a better single player racer than MK double dash. DD beats it hands down in multiplayer.
    You know what? I'm really ashamed to say that I don't have F-Zero for my Gamecube.

I'll have to do something about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It's WindWAKER...
    Oh yes, so it is...
    I stand corrected.

I bought Resi 4, so now I'm off to play it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Good choice. My current game of the year so far, although that might change later today. God of War just arrived from www.play.com :D

I might try and wangle a review copy of God of War, but Resi 4 is absolute class.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You need Metroid Prime in your life, if you don't have it already. :p

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Good choice. My current game of the year so far, although that might change later today. God of War just arrived from www.play.com :D
    Let me know how you get on with it.

I've heard it's sort of like Devil May Cry.. and I really can't stand the Devil May Cry games...

Well I suggest you buy it. It's a bit like DMC, the fighting system looks impressive. However its much easier to use since it is nowhere near as tight as the DMC system. Blocking is very responsive and effective. Overall its lots more fun to use but less challenging. Excellent story so far, Kratos is a right bastard :D . The first boss fight with Hydra was simply stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm about 75% through it now and it just keeps getting better :D. A must have for any gamer.

You need Metroid Prime in your life, if you don't have it already. :p
    I was getting it for 10 quid off some dude in the Fs section then he went off and sold it to his mate after we had an agreement. Bastard!

• Advertisement

Had to stop playing GoW. So hot today my PS2 kept overheating :D
    I was getting it for 10 quid off some dude in the Fs section then he went off and sold it to his mate after we had an agreement. Bastard!

That's no excuse for not having metroid prime in your life. Find that man and kill him.

I don't think it's that important....is it? *sharpens knife*

Slurms wrote:

Quite possibly in my opinion the best game of the current generation? Damn right it's that important :D

Hmmm I might just keep an eye out for it now. Cheers, Retr0.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Slurms wrote:
    Oh hell yes. *sharpens MY knife*

Advertisement