Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have seen it all.... Massive fight in Galway. Anyone see it?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

TheLedge wrote:
    Oh really..?

Have you ever seen a man eat his own head? :confused:
    Dear Ledge, on behalf of pg four, i'd like to welcome you to page three. Feel free to read it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3043824&postcount=48

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

Shabadu wrote:
    Dear Ledge, on behalf of pg four, i'd like to welcome you to page three. Feel free to read it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3043824&postcount=48

Run, quickly, you're needed over at the Bus/Econ/Finance board!

Someone has confused 'your', you're, and you are!! :eek:

OMG! /flies off in rofflecopter with grammarian sidekick

TheLedge wrote:

'You're' and 'You are' are the same thing, by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

TheLedge wrote:

you're == you are :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

rkm wrote:
    you're == you are :rolleyes:

Dearest rkm, on behalf of post 11.58, I would like to welcome you to the discussion and invite you accordingly to read it. :eek:

Is there a Pedantic Grammar forum around, coz I'd like to sign up! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

their their now deer, your getting upset. :eek: :rolleyes:

TheLedge wrote:
    their their now deer, your getting upset. :eek: :rolleyes:
    well played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Lump wrote:
    ................Have you a link to a news source?
    Page seven of today's times. Article about a feud between McDonaghs and Barrets (of Francis Barrett the boxer fame). References fight on Tuam road.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/ireland/2005/0715/4238815437HM7BARRATTBOXER.html

• Advertisement

PaschalNee wrote:
    Page seven of today's times. Article about a feud between McDonaghs and Barrets (of Francis Barrett the boxer fame). References fight on Tuam road.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/ireland/2005/0715/4238815437HM7BARRATTBOXER.html

dude, need a subscription, any chance of a copy/paste jobby in here!? Cheers!

Boxed Out: Family feud
    John Fallon

Former Olympic boxing star Francis Barrett says he is afraid to return to Ireland because of an ongoing feud between two Traveller families.

Earlier this week, members of the Barrett and McDonagh families engaged in a vicious brawl outside a garage on the Tuam Road in Galway. It was the latest development in a bitter feud between the two families which has raged for eight years, and which began when Francis refused to participate in a bare-knuckle street fight with a member of the McDonagh clan. At one stage, Francis, who carried the Irish flag at the opening of the Atlanta Olympic Games in 1996, was attacked and suffered a stab wound.

He moved to London after that, where he turned professional and now makes his living as a career boxer. "It has been going on now since 1997. . . I don't want to have anything to do with it and it is the main reason why I don't return to Ireland as often as I would like," he said.

"I am a professional boxer, training hard at the moment, and cannot afford to get caught up in this sort of thing. I have put in a huge effort over the years and it could all go out the window."The violence on Monday shocked onlookers as members of both families engaged in a brawl on the side of the road. A Garda spokesperson said they were investigating the incident and were appealing for witnesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

http://www.galwayadvertiser.ie/dws/story.tpl?inc=2005/07/14/news/19741.html

One injured in Tuam Road Traveller brawl

BY UNA SINNOTT

A traffic accident on the Tuam road on Tuesday led to a massive brawl between members of rival Traveller families who attacked each other with golf clubs and a hatchet.

It is understood a car crashed into the rear of another vehicle on the Tuam road close to the Excelsior garage after lunchtime on Tuesday. A mêlée ensued, with a number of people arriving at the scene to participate in the ensuing brawl. According to witnesses the two sides were armed with golf clubs, glass bottles, and a hatchet, and their battle brought traffic to a halt on the busy road.

More than a dozen gardaí attended the scene in a bid to quell the violence. One man was taken to hospital with serious injuries as a result of the brawl. No arrests were made at the scene of the fight.

It is understood the two groups involved in the fight were members of families who have been hostile towards each other for a number of years.

Gardaí have launched an investigation into the incident and are appealing to witnesses to come forward. Anyone who saw the altercation is asked to contact Galway Garda Station at (091) 538000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I read in the paper, "no arrests were made at the scene".... Ahem....

OUR POLICE FORCE ARE ****E!

Advertisement