Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camcorders in football stadiums?

• 12-07-2005 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

Im off to Anfield for the match on Wednesday and Im debating on taking my camcorder as Im imagining a couple of goals and Im at the front of The Kop.

Does anybody know if Ill get any hassle bringing this in with me? Anyone tried it before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

Seen people with them at OT so I'd say you'll be fine but never saw the point myself. Unless they're really small it's a pain in the arse carrying it around, worrying about it in a packed pub before a game or if you want to go for a few beers afterwards etc.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I can only speak on my own experience and I've seen many people being warned to put the camcorder away or be removed in Highbury. I presume it is a similar regime in Anfield...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Same can be said for the Hawthorns, St Andrews, Carrow Road, Fratton Park, St James, Riverside, Reebok and majority of stadia. It's down to the rights of the players and the imaging rights they have that they are not allowed to be recorded or photographed by supporters as its against copyright. This was discussed with the FA last season and its both down to the club, players and agents so to be safe leave it at home and take a camera which isnt too big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Cheers lads. Guess Ill leave it at home so and just bring the camera.
    kensutz wrote:
    Same can be said for the Hawthorns, St Andrews, Carrow Road, Fratton Park, St James, Riverside, Reebok and majority of stadia. It's down to the rights of the players and the imaging rights they have that they are not allowed to be recorded or photographed by supporters as its against copyright. This was discussed with the FA last season and its both down to the club, players and agents so to be safe leave it at home and take a camera which isnt too big.
    Does this mean that (even though many would do anyway) you are not even supposed to use cameras at matches too? Didnt know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

yeah its outside some of the grounds that no cameras are allowed but as I was an away supporter to most grounds we were searched going in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'd say the TV will cover the goals from almost every angle anyways :) Just set the video! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

a camcorder in scouse land are you crazy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I brought a camcorder to the San Siro and there was no issue.
    I brought it to the Nou Camp and I was told to put it away or be removed.
    It just utterly depends on if you are seen, but you should get away with it, and worst they will do is just say stop recording.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I was almost chucked out of White Hart Lane for using a camera, the stewart said some camera were ok but mine had too big a lens !! ( which it didn't)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The Pats games are recorded for tv by a guy with a camcorder

dont you just love the eircom league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Well I didnt bring the camera in the end, and ironically the guy behind me was told to stop using his or he'd get chucked out!

Advertisement