Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell D600 vs Sony Vaio T series

• 12-07-2005 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Hello!
    I have a Dell D600 laptop which I got last September. 60GB harddrive, 512 ram
    I have seen a Sony Vaio T260P/L which I rather fancy. I love the size of it. I find I don't use my Dell as much as I'd thought as I find it a bit heavy to carry around all day. Basically this is the main reason I'd want to change it.
    Would it be really stupid of me to buy the Sony Vaio just because I want a lighter laptop? I mainly use the laptop for internet, mp3 playing, but also a bit of college work.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

10.6" screen seems a bit small. I have a 12", and I dont think I would like to go much smaller!

Having a light laptop is great thou!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I'd agree with Maidhc - the 10" screen is way too small - though gorgeous, you'll get tired of it soon in everyday use. Take a look at the Sony S-series instead. They have a 13.1" screen (unique to Sony) are very stylish, small and light - think of a large paper notebook as a comparison. Much better specs than the T-series as well. I remember drooling over one months ago, but didn't take the plunge...

DELL themselves do the Lattitude X1 - a truly tiny and very portable laptop, with a 12.1" screen and extremely light as well... Best part of it, this is essentially a Samsung laptop - DELL simply re-brand them and not much more. Some good deals on these on the DELL factory outlet every now and then....

If portability is paramount to you, then go for the 12.1" screen on lappies you look at and make sure the overall weight is at around 2Kg.

Advertisement