Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

war of the worlds anyone?

• 12-07-2005 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Mahon point, 9:05.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

rymus wrote:
    Mahon point, 9:05.
    Save your money......it's really - really bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

im open to suggestions for alternate viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

its not THAT bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Did you ever see Star Wars in the end rymus? I still ain't seen it.

adam

naw.. havent seen that either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bigmouth

quarryman wrote:
    its not THAT bad.

Yes, it IS that bad! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning and it's a remake. If this movie were a date it'd be a triple bagger.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

In fairness to it, it has flaws but works pretty well considering it's lumbered with Cruise as a lead actor. For a 12-rated film there's some very dark moments in there (which I for one appreciated), and it's a good enough disaster/popcorn movie. Just don't go in expecting genius.

I still wish I'd seen batman begins instead of it, though.

right then.. I'll stay at home and spend my money on cheeseburgers instead. Next time I'm looking for a review I'll know where to come.

I'd like to see SWE3 sometime during the week if you're up for it rymus. Not tonight though.

adam

• Advertisement

I'll be up north from tomorrow till Sunday evening so anytime next week would be splendido.

Coolah boolah. I haven't seen Mr & Mrs Smith either if anyone wants to go.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

i saw War of the Worlds sat night. Film had great effects, acting was average, but i found the ending really disappointing. Was expectin much much more.

Saw SWE3, thought It was excellent. Fight scenes were incredible and it set off the rest of the films nicely.

If your lookin for a good waste of a evening, see Batman Begins. Far better film than the camp-like films before it. Michael Keaton was the one true Batman, but Christian Bale did an excellent performance in this one.

-V-

Advertisement