Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Spanish Guitar/Flamenco Guitar

• 12-07-2005 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend to me some of the names of the spanish guitar scene?! I want to get a few CD's to get me going in this genre.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

umm...

rodrigo y gabriela? .. might not be exactly what you're looking for, but they're really good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

http://www.calamento.com/

saw those guys recently in a small jazz venue in Barcelona and they were excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

rodrigo y gabriela? .. might not be exactly what you're looking for, but they're really good

:mad: The emperor is stark bollock naked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

uh...

yeah, what he said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

magpie wrote:
    :mad: The emperor is stark bollock naked
    Good for him.

But on topic I'd suggest trying Rodrigo y Gabriella aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Can't believe that Paco de Lucia hasn't been mentioned. Check him out first. An absolute master . And of course Rodrigo himself.
    Also you could try Cameron de la Isla for the vocals. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

JUAN MARTINE... Without a doubt one of the best spanish guitarist in the world.

He plays in Ireland occasionally, in the national concert hall. I seen him there once, and it was amazing. Definalty worth listening to, even just to sample.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Saying you should check out Roddy Gobby for Flamenco is like suggesting you should check out The Sawdoctors for Trad Irish.

Try this instead: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000005HA9/ref=pd_sxp_f/102-2375261-5145761?v=glance&s=music
    You'll note its called 'Masters of Flamenco Guitar', not '2 Peruvian Students can't believe their luck'

Advertisement