Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queensrÿche

Options
  • 12-07-2005 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Can this band do no wrong??

I've had a lukewarm opinion of them for a while, but I bought Operation: Mindcrime last week and love it. What's the general consensus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

yeah they're ok.

i'm more of a Dio man meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Mindcrime is very very good, the first EP (with Queen Of The Reich) rocks and Empire has it's slickly produced moments. The newer stuff sounds meh to me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Yeah, Queen Of The Reich is a great song. They're writing a followup to Mindcrime, apparently. That should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Operation Mindcrime is a great album. Check out their live cd 'Operation Livecrime'. It's just OM played live, in its entirity. I don't think their newer stuff comes close to OM though. There are 2 bootleg quality tracks for the upcoming Operation Mindcrime 2 on their official site, 'hostage' and 'I'm American'. Check em out and see what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Mindcrime is one of the classic 'concept' albums. Also one of the best rock/metal albums ever.

Livecrime is good and the female vocalist is much better than the one on the studio album.

Liked empire but my interest in them kinda fizzled out. Would definately buy Mindcrime 2 tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have thier first 3 full albums all of which are exellent, I dunno what happened after that cos I stopped buying music and Kerrang! I was dirt poor and something had to give.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah Operation Mind Crime is a brilliant album, as is Empire. Promised Land is really good too. You should watch the Operation Live Crime video, its amazing.
    I like the other albums too, but they don't compare to the above. Although, Queensryche could probably release anything & I'd like it because I just think they're a great band.
    Been to see them twice in London & they are superb live. Then last year got to see them play almost the entire Mind Crime album at Graspop and that topped any live performance I've ever seen... Mind blowing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I lost my Livecrime CD and Video boxed set in one of my many moves :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I couldn't afford it when it was out new years ago, but I bought it on ebay a few years ago so I was chuffed..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mindcrime is one of the best concept albums I've ever heard. Been about 3 years since I listened to it though! I'd be interested to see what this new one sounds like. And did I hear something about a film being made of it? Or did I completely imagine that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Mindcrime is a classic that any metal fan should own. I hope they don't make a balls of the "sequel" to it :confused:

Advertisement