Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Moped insurance

Options
  • 12-07-2005 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

i wana get my gilera insured again, usually i do it online, but i've seen that hibernian have stop the motorcycle policy, so anyone know where i can do it online? or any place that still does it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Johnerr wrote:
    i wana get my gilera insured again, usually i do it online, but i've seen that hibernian have stop the motorcycle policy, so anyone know where i can do it online? or any place that still does it?
    Hibernian are stopping renewals of existing policies sometime this month - so you may still be able to get one last year with them.

Other than that you can go to Aon Bikecare
    Contact the Bikecare Team at 1890777555 between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday

and 10.00 am to 2.00 pm on Saturdays (excluding Holiday Weekends)
    Or you could try Carole Nash but I'm not 100% certain to cover scooters, but phone them:
    Visitors from the Republic of Ireland are invited to call us free on: 1 800 298 550,

hth,
    causal

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

nice1, know any places dat i can do it online, and hibernian have stoped since 30june

Unfortuntely not :(
    Aon (who use Axa) and Carole Nash are the only two bike insurers. There are links to both in my earlier post.

happy hunting,
    causal

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

thought hibernian were aon? like aon was a broker for hibernain

Johnerr wrote:
    thought hibernian were aon? like aon was a broker for hibernain
    Since late last year Aon had switched from Hibernian (who were leaving PTW insurance market) to Axa (who were joining PTW insurance market).
    Aon are just an underwriter.

tbh after reading one of your other posts I'm a bit pissed off to find you're an insurance cheat :mad:
    You've got a 180cc moped but you're telling the insurance company it's only 50cc - afaik that's insurance fraud.
    You should also have a full category A licence for a scooter that powerful - because it's not covered by the M category, and a full licence for riding it on the motorway.

One of the main reasons Hibernian cited for pulling out of the PTW insurance market was provisional moped riders carrying pillions and crashing - and the pillion (who shouldn't be on the scooter) making huge personal injury claims.
    Maybe you don't care because the only impact you feel is the loss of Hibernians online renewal system - but insurance cheats cost everybody money, and Hibernian pulling out has cost all bikers.

causal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

im 20 years old and im goin on 21 in octbober
    im from a suburb in cork
    and im getttin my first provisional on monday
    im wondering where is the cheapest place for insurance
    plz post any info you mite have here plz
    by the way i must weat glasses when driving if thats of any importance
    thanks ppl

Read this post #2 above
    Basically, you only have two options, phone each of them for a quote:
    1) Aon
    2) Carole Nash

The glasses don't matter :cool:

hth,
    causal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

causal wrote:
    Read this post #2 above
    Basically, you only have two options, phone each of them for a quote:
    1) Aon
    2) Carole Nash

The glasses don't matter :cool:

hth,
    causal

he only has option 1 as carole nash only insure someone under 25 IF you have 4 years no claims. I thought another insurence company took over hibernains buisness like norwich union or someother company?...no???

gline wrote:
    he only has option 1 as carole nash only insure someone under 25 IF you have 4 years no claims.
    FFS - so you're basically stuck with Aon/Axa until then :(

I thought another insurence company took over hibernains buisness like norwich union or someother company?...no???
    It was Axa - but afaik Axa don't deal directly with customers - you go through Aon who act as a 'broker'.

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

causal wrote:
    FFS - so you're basically stuck with Aon/Axa until then :(

It was Axa - but afaik Axa don't deal directly with customers - you go through Aon who act as a 'broker'.

causal
    Aon deal directly with customers now...like most other 'brokers'

• Advertisement

causal wrote:
    It was Axa - but afaik Axa don't deal directly with customers - you go through Aon who act as a 'broker'
    tk123 wrote:
    Aon deal directly with customers now...like most other 'brokers'
    It appears you misread my post - read it again ;)

I'm sure we're all familiar with the correct procedure for a manouvre while driving, well here it is equated to the equivalent procedure for posting on boards:
    mirror -> signal -> mirror -> manouevre = read -> reply -> read -> post-reply

causal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sorry abt that casual - i did read it wrong. And for the test it should be mirror, lifesaver, indicate, take position, lifesaver, turn... :D

Advertisement