Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vegan restaurant

• 12-07-2005 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

anyone know a restaurant that serves vegan food as well as non-vegan food? looking to take out my vegan gf but dont know of any. any help would be most appreciated. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Govinda's- Abbey St.

Cornucopia- Wicklow st.

Excellent food in both, neither sell any meat products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Indian restaurants are usually good for vegan food. Watch out for ghee (clarified butter) though! Middle Eastern might be a good bet too. Most vegetarian restaurants will have a selection of vegan options, although if you are a carnivore yourself you might find that a bit limiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

"Real" ghee is relatively expensive stuff so I'd be surprised if it were used in most mainstream Indian restaurants. If you look round the shelves of your local Asian store you'll find the real stuff (clarified butter) alongside the cheaper "vegetarian" ghee which is nothing more than solid(ified) vegetable oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I know for a fact that Radha Govindas does not use ghee in some stuff expecially to cater for the Vegan market, I did a cookery course there recently with Kurma Dasa and he was deepfrying stuff and the owner said that they dont use ghee for the same thing to be sensitive to vegans.

Advertisement