Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seasons Not Started and Mourinho is Moaning Already

• 12-07-2005 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭

I forgot how much I hate Mourinho he's started moaning already :mad:

he said: "A person who works in the club should not work in the FA. The FA is the FA and the club is the club."

The Blues boss claims Chelsea often play away games after European weeks, while Arsenal seem to play at home.

He also claims Arsenal get to play on Sundays following Champions League outings, whereas Chelsea are forced to play on Saturdays.

After the six midweek dates allocated to group games for the Champions League:

* Chelsea play five away games and one at home

* Arsenal play four at home and two away

CL: 13 & 14 Sep
    Prem:
    Sat 17 Sep - Ch'ton v CHELSEA
    Mon 19 Sep - ARSENAL v 'Boro
    CL: 27 & 28 Sep
    Prem:
    Sun 2 Oct - Liverpool v CHELSEA
    Sun 2 Oct - ARSENAL v B'ham CL: 18 & 19 Oct
    Prem:
    Sat 22 Oct - ARSENAL v Man C
    Sun 23 Oct - Everton v CHELSEACL: 1 & 2 Nov
    Prem:
    Sat 5 Nov - ARSENAL v S'land
    Sun 6 Nov - Man Utd v CHELSEACL: 22 & 23 Nov
    Prem:
    Sat 26 Nov - ARSENAL v B'burn
    Sat 26 Nov - Ports'th v CHELSEACL: 6 & 7 Dec
    Prem:
    Sat 10 Dec - N'castle v ARSENAL
    Sat 10 Dec - CHELSEA v Wigan

"Some are treated as devils, some are treated as angels," Mourinho claimed.

"I don't think we are so ugly as to be treated like devils and I don't think Mr Wenger (Arsene, the Gunners manager) and Mr David Dein and so on are so beautiful to be treated like angels."

He asked journalists: "After Champions League games Chelsea always have to play away from home and Arsenal are always at home. You have nothing to write about that?

"Or is Jose Mourinho the only one who can look at the fixtures and find something very strange?

"By the way, we play against Arsenal on a Sunday (21 August) which is lucky. That's because it is Arsenal.

"After a national team game (Denmark v England on 17 August) we play on a Sunday because we play against Arsenal.

"I am not the most intelligent person in the world but I am not the most stupid and since I came here I understand things and they don't change.

"These are the facts and now you interpret them the way you want to. It is a fact that every time after a Champions League game Chelsea play away in the Premier League and Arsenal play at home."

One of the most sensible comments Mourinho has made - Dein should not be working at the FA

Despite the fact that Dein works with the FA and not the Premier League, which manages its own fixtures, Mourinho is adamant the Gunners vice-chairman should not combine his roles.

Alluding to fines he has received from the FA, he said: "I think with the money I had to pay them last season, they should sign somebody for that job.

"I have a five-year contract with Chelsea. Maybe in 2009 or 2010 - maybe - Mr Dein won't be in the FA any more and I can have a different season.

"Or maybe Mr Kenyon (Peter, the Chelsea chief executive) will be working in the FA. We don't know. Maybe it will happen in five years."

Dein spent over four years as vice-chairman of the FA before the post was scrapped in August 2004 as part of restructuring.

Dein loses FA role

Asked to respond to Mourinho's allegations, an FA spokesman told BBC Sport: "The representation of the FA board consists of people elected from different areas of the game.

"The Premier League elects a number of representatives to sit on the board to represent their views, of which David Dein is clearly one."

Arsenal refused to comment on the issue, while the Premier League - who draw up fixture lists for the season - confirmed to BBC Sport that midweek Champions League fixtures had no impact on how they allocated weekend fixtures.

"It is down to complete chance," said a Premier League spokesman.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

theres supposed to be representatives from the premiership on the FA's board, so in that sence mourinho has no point and should shut up

BUT

having arsenals chairman or vice-chairman or whatever on the board is definitely a conflict of interests, so mourinho has a very valid point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I think he has Murinho a valid point. The FA should be impartial and treat all clubs and their players equally. There is eveidence that this is not the case and as long as club representatives are also involed with decision making at FA they leave themselves and the FA open to allegations of the sort Murinho has made. He is not the first to highly this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Nor is he the first to higlight the problem. ;) He does find alot to maon about though and thsi is just the first thing for the season. If Chelseas CL game was on a tuesday and they played on the previous sunday they would be complaining too. They play a few games on a saturday which gives them a bigger rest before the CL games of any following weeks.

Has that ref who trained at Bolton been told not to keep doing that yet BTW ? If there is any case of bias then that I feel is the most pertinent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Fixtures part wouldnt take much notice due to English teams succes there has been occasion where it was example Milan on weds one of top 3 on saturday away to Bayern on following wed etc: All teams have had it BUT he hasa point with Dein being on the board it is a conflict of interests.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

such a total prick,in england for a year,thinks he knows it all,piss off back to portugal you ****ing peasant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

county wrote:
    such a total prick,in england for a year,thinks he knows it all,piss off back to portugal you ****ing peasant
    No Id say its just more of a case of it not taking a genius to see that Dein being on the board could constitute a conflict of interest, particularly as Arsenal are hardly unfamiliar with dealings with the FA over the past number of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

county wrote:

very intelligent peasant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

He has more than a valid point. There is no way that Dein should be working two jobs that conflict so obviously. Its quite simple really. Whether he actually makes any difference to the fixtures, I doubt it, but I've seen cases in the past where I think he did influence decisions.

Obviously, for flame war reasons, I cant go into them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Dein has absolutly no ****ing influence in the fixtures list, and if he did there would be absolute uproar. THe fixture list was actually created by a West-Ham fan, the way Mourinho is talking is making out like it was created by Dein himself to try and punish Mourinho.

I've got huge issues with the FA, and their unfair treatment of certain teams, cough rio cantona :):):), but in this case Mourinho hasn't got a leg to stand on.
    You think Fergie would be happy if Dein did have an imput into the fixture list?
    You think he'd stay silent about it?
    No, but he doesn't say anything cause he knows its not the case.

Mourinho is just creating an everybody hates us atmosphere in the squad, which will make them preform better, just like Fergie used to do back in the 90's. And it works, but he is going much much further than Fergie did.

Also you can see his real intentions here:
    "Or maybe Mr Kenyon (Peter, the Chelsea chief executive) will be working in the FA. We don't know. Maybe it will happen in five years."

Its not about a conflict of interest, its about him wanting the advantage.
    Which is fine by me, but don't try paint yourself as somethign you're not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

county wrote:
    nice post :rolleyes:

Mourinho has a point about Dein and the FA but I think the fixture list conspiracy is stretching it a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

County you are banned for a week, as are your sponsors Zener & Nutzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

A day or two before this Wenger was in the papers saying they'd like to bid for a player (SWP) but they can't - and then gave a sob story about Chelsea having distorted the transfer market.

It's not too much of a surprise that if Wenger has a moan at Chelsea one day Mourinho will have a moan at Arsenal the next - they all play the same games, personally I find it quite interesting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I've always thought it a bit contentious that Dein was on the FA board, Arsenal seem to have a happy knack of getting very light punishements from the Fa for their numerous transgressions ( like the battle of old trafford etc) and Dein hasn't got the most impeccable record for upholding the letter of the law either.

I think Jose is just stirring again in response to Arsene Whinger going on about Chelsea having taken all the toys that he was thinking about buying with his imaginary transfer kitty.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

PHB wrote:
    Mourinho is just creating an everybody hates us atmosphere in the squad, which will make them preform better, just like Fergie used to do back in the 90's. And it works, but he is going much much further than Fergie did.
    There it is. Personally I think it's beginning to grate, he's like a stuck record and I would presume that most (including his own players) will start to see through it if he keeps it up.

I don't think Dein should be involved with the FA either, as it is an obvious conflict of interest. I do laugh at the suggestions that Arsenal get treated with bias though. (Battle of Old Trafford - great example, record fines and bans, a few weeks later Blackburn & another team have an actual punch up and bugger all). Visiting Man Utd boards it's all Southern FA blah blah blah, visiting Chelsea boards it's all Old Boys Club wah wah wah, visiting Arsenal boards it's all Money Men weh weh weh.

Oh, and I just had a quick glance at the fixtures list - looked like Arsenal have to play away from home before every CL game, while Chelsea always play at home before their CL games. Who has the advantage there is a matter of perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Wasn't Dein elected to be on the FA? Who else could have been elected? I'm sure they were all representitives of english clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

he said: "A person who works in the club should not work in the FA. The FA is the FA and the club is the club."

I'd have more time for his "complaint" if he pointed out the fact that Blackburn Rovers' chairman Robert Coar and Bolton Wanderers' chairman Phil Gartside are also representatives of PL clubs on the FA's board.

The fact that he didn't shows that this is just another salvo from Moaninho in the ongoing verbals between Chelsea and Arsenal.

PHB wrote:
    You think Fergie would be happy if Dein did have an imput into the fixture list?
    You think he'd stay silent about it?
    No, but he doesn't say anything cause he knows its not the case.

cough

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has backed Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho's criticism of Arsenal.
    Mourinho claims Chelsea have had a rough deal from the game's governing bodies compared to the Highbury outfit, notably over fixture list allocation.

Ferguson said: "Mourinho's dead right, by the way. You look at the fixtures Arsenal have after European games - it has been going on for years.

"I've been complaining about for seven years and no-one listens to me."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4690345.stm

He hasn't been complaining for 7 years in public :)
    He's been bitching to himself, cause he ain't silly.

That said, moan moan moan fergie, get on with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Funnily enough there was an Opta analysis of the CL before & after fixtures on Skysports there a few days ago and it is Chelsea who have the easier run of it, as they did last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Case n Basket : do you mean they have an easier run with the teams they have to play?

Becuase that still doesn't take away from the fact the Chelsea will have to get on a bus to travel to wherever the day after they return from an away match that could be as far away as Moscow, Turkey, Kiev, etc...

PHB: i'm pretty sure that I have heard Ferguson say the very same thing several times. Maybe he never said that it was because Dien was a member of the FA board.
    But he has definately talked about Arsenal getting preferential fixtures.

"I've been complaining about this for seven years and no-one listens to me." -Alex Ferguson.

That Morunhio says what he feels about the fact the FA is a joke (full of "old boy network" muppets) is the reason he gets in trouble.
    He is right about them too most of the time, they just aren't used to someone speaking their mind!

• Advertisement

According to today's Sunday Times, for the last two season both ManYoo and Chelsea have had 4 home and 2 away fixtures after CL games, while Arsenal have had 3 and 3.

Tell me again how Arsenal are always being favoured???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

All this bull**** about Dein being on the FA board again(Rmember that he is an ELECTED representitive) Those who elect him are, yea u guessed it the premiership clubs.

From the FA:
    "The Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein is one of four members of the FA board representing the FA Premier League. The four Premier League representatives are elected by the 20 member Premier League clubs (including Chelsea) to represent their views within the FA.

He should just shut the **** up and stop being such a prick about everything including the weather that slightly goes against Chelsea. Pretty soon he is going to run out of things to complain about.
    Dein hasn't got the most impeccable record for upholding the letter of the law either.

I would love for you to clarify that point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well whatever is been said the point remains that Chelsea have five away fixtures this season after the CL while Arsenal have only have 2 away fixtures. Thats a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

so, they had four at home last season with the two away matches still being in London. These things are random, sometimes they suit, sometimes they don't. Deal with it.

jank wrote:

I would love for you to clarify that point!

'fraid you'll have to read Broken Dreams , a good book about the corruption in football by managers, agents and their boards.

you'll find it here, it's a good read,
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0743440331/qid%3D1114602386/sr%3D2-1/ref%3Dsr%5F2%5F11%5F1/202-5808710-5245460

jank wrote:
    He should just shut the **** up and stop being such a prick about everything including the weather that slightly goes against Chelsea. Pretty soon he is going to run out of things to complain about.
    !

when exactly did he complain about the weather going against Chelsea ?

More fuel to the fire...

http://www.football365.com/news/premiership_news/story_157267.shtml
    But over the last seven years Arsenal have played 53% of their games at home on the weekends following Champions League fixtures, while Man United have played 54% of their games at Old Trafford and Chelsea 55% at Stamford Bridge.

The full figures are as follows...

Arsenal: Played 64 - 34 home, 30 away. Percentage: 53%
    Manchester United: Played 87 - 47 home, 40 away. Percentage: 54%
    Chelsea: Played 40 - 22 home, 18 away. Percentage: 55%
    Those figures certainly back up our own Philip Cornwall's research last week that Chelsea played in London after all six of their Champions League group games last season, while Arsenal faced trips to Liverpool and Manchester.

I'm sure Roman has the spare cash to replace the toys Jose's thrown out of the pram, but will the Glazier's?????

Well if he was involved in anything Illegal then why wasn't there a formal police investigation?
    when exactly did he complain about the weather going against Chelsea ?

Probably in about 3-4 weeks time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

evilhomer wrote:
    Case n Basket : do you mean they have an easier run with the teams they have to play?
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=291785&CPID=8&CLID=3&lid=&title=Sweet+FA+for+Chelsea?&channel=premiership
    The FA and the Premier League have responded strongly to Jose Mourinho's claims that Arsenal have received favouritism in the scheduling of fixtures, but a closer look at the information further undermines the Chelsea coach's position.

Chelsea's first away trip after Match Day One of the Champions League is across London in Charlton, while the next three post-Champions League fixtures are all played on Sundays giving Mourinho's men an extra day of rest. The fifth fixture is an hour's road journey to the south coast to play Portsmouth.

And while Chelsea have five away fixtures following Champions League nights, of course Arsenal have five road trips scheduled a couple of days before Champions League games.

And interestingly, if all 12 fixtures preceding and following Champions league nights are taken into account, Chelsea have seven home games and five away trips, while Arsenal have just five home matches and seven on the road.
    So, Chelsea always have a home game before their CL matches, and then of their away games afterwards, they have an extra days rest for 3 and massive trips across London and to Portsmouth respectively.

Yes, they're clearly out to get Chelsea with that grueling schedule.

/sarcasm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Well Football 365 have done a little research:

http://www.football365.com/news/premiership_news/story_157267.shtml

That proof of course wont satisfy him though.

Cant wait for when Arsenal play Chelsea. Im almost beginning to hate them as much as Utd, which is a pity cause I always like JM before his weekly tantrums at everything and nothing

I said earlier that there must be something in all this if JM and now Fegie are complaining , but , I now believe that it's all just to wind Wenger up , and when Fergie (master of mind games) joins in, I think that confirms it.

It's a wind up, pure and simple. I won't even bother trying to defend Jose on this one, it's a storm in a trophy.

If it was a wind up why was it directed to Dein and the FA rather then to wenger!?

Cause it will inturn infuriate Wenger just like it has the majority of Arsenal fans on message boards appear to be.
    That's all he is trying to do, and it seems like Mourinho and Fergie are teaming up to have fun with Wenger :)

Advertisement