Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen ... How much did you breathe?

Options
  • 12-07-2005 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

So how was it for you ... favourite bands ... best moments ... worst things?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Well i thought it was great my favourite bands in no order..well in random order were interpol,the magic numbers(coz of their big smiles) and the tears the go team were also good.
    Worst moments well the main one was the feckin heat and the sun burn.Also not being able to find the phantom tent to get my t-shirt ..talk about tucked away in the corner.And another thing way does it always have to be so filthy?How about more bins next year and the maybe some people can use those bins too.
    Anyway it rocked well worth my tent gettin smashed and waking up in some random person's tent on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

saw so many great performances, i managed to watch a **** load of acts. ones that stood out for me; sfa, doves, josh rouse, brendan benson, stephen fretwell, interpol, ian brown (amazing atmosphere), the longcut

biggest annoyances was the fact that the sound on the ticket stage was constantly drowned out by the noise of the dance tent, especially noticeable during quieter acts like josh ritter. the no show from bright eyes was another disappointment especially after hearing he managed to play t in the park the day after. great weekend all the same! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hitch-Hiker

For me Green day and QOTSA were probably the best there. Great entertaining shows. James Brown was somethin else. absolutely brilliant. I got very dehydrated in there coz they closed up the tent. It was a great experience though. Rodrigo y Gabriella were very good.
    I'm sorry to say I missed Interpol though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

was good fun. bloc party and interpol were great.. heat was crazy...
    boo for tucked away tent.. yet for finding it after directions :)
    had a good weekend..awful lot of scumbags there but didn't affect me to much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Highlights
    Interpol
    Kerbdog
    The Futureheads
    The Magic Numbers
    The Ordinary Boys
    The bloke from Bloc Party saying it had been 2 months since they'd played in the UK and then being meet by 20,000 people booing him, very Spinal Tap-esque
    Bright eyes cancelling
    Semi nude ladyeez

Lowlights
    Bright eyes cancelling
    Sun burn
    An unhealthy amount of sweaty arm pit interfacing with my head during 'Slow hands'
    The sound during The Doves.
    Being asked about 13 times if I was selling pills during LCD soundsystem ( can't a man in a sleeveless top not stand by himself at the back of a dance tent without being hassaled anymore!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

everything i saw thats worth mentioning:
    Kaiser chiefs : didnt know much of their stuff but they blew me away, never seen it so pack so early in the day!
    Turn: only a half hour set but they seriously rocked the green room. go on ollie!
    QOTSA: every one says they were a bit crap but i had a good time. paino player is HAWT.
    Frames: seen em live 3 times now..rather so so...
    Green day: i really should have gone to see interpol, thought id give these guys a shot..ah well. a bit of a panto but when they actually played they were ok.

Feeder: background music but nice with the waether.
    Audioslave: rocked, didnt get to see the whole set since i had to go in before i fainted.
    Jimmy eat world: lots of energy and very good live - sound was a bit **** tho...typical ticket stage. oh and the crowd really annoyed me, stop clapping!!!
    josh ritter: charming as ever, good buzz!
    Doves: yeah they were good, bit of a show down between the security and the rest of us had to leave halfway to see...
    Brendan Benson!: The man will go far, excellent music and brilliant live.
    last but probably the best:
    James Brown: I danced my little socks of for this guy, it was superb, and those solos. wow, perfect end to a great festival.

And i didnt get sunburnt! woo ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Bloc Party,were deadly.That little **** up when Kelly called us England was bloody hilarious.
    Progidy kicked ass, I have been converted!!
    Interpol were fab,they had such good lights
    JEW were amazing as usual.
    Really pissed off that I missed ROL though, by the time I got to the new band tent they were finished.Boo!
    Echo And The Bunnymen were so good,I relly felt I made the right choice between Queens and Bunnymen especially as Queens weren't that good.(Or so I heard)
    New Order playin' blue monday rocked socks......
    Finally,hello to everyone who was in the phantom tent,I loved annoyin' yis and I'm wearin' my tee shirt with pride!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Good:
    -Free steak and Mojitos
    -Maximo Park unplugged
    -The Las
    -Tom Vek
    -Going home early to avoid the rush and being tucked up in bed by the time New Order were on stage.

Bad:
    -No maps, bloody hard to find your way around
    -Hot
    -Green Energy Tent was blue
    -phantom Phantom tent, I was looking forward to meeting you "in the flesh"
    -Scobes. Why were they there? They don't even like music.

2006 is shaping up already, I hear unofficially that Seamus Agus Deirdre will be headlining the New Bands tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

magpie wrote:
    -phantom Phantom tent, I was looking forward to meeting you "in the flesh"

We had the welcoming committee on hand to meet you with a bouquet of flowers [sponsored by Clearchannel], the red carpet [supplied by ticketmaster.ie] and a glass of champagne [graciously sponsored by a major record label]

We had the welcoming committee on hand to meet you with a bouquet of flowers [sponsored by Clearchannel], the red carpet [supplied by ticketmaster.ie] and a glass of champagne [graciously sponsored by a major record label]

That's my kinda festival tent Brian :) Throw in a sofa sponsored by Harry Corry and you've got the whole package right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

magpie wrote:
    That's my kinda festival tent Brian :) Throw in a sofa sponsored by Harry Corry and you've got the whole package right there.

the sofa had to be supplied by bargaintown cause bob geldof is associated with harry corry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Although I am not that way inclined, Eric Morillo blew me away, great set.
    Shout out to QOTSA as well. All in all one hell of a weekend

Although I am not that way inclined, Eric Morillo blew me

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Bad:
    - Only seeing three bands. I don't quite now how it happened but I guess I just lost track of time in the camp-site.
    - The scanger in the tent behind me on sunday morning/saturday night doing coke all night.
    - The heat and lack of cool water.
    - Missing QOTSA.

Good:
    - The prodigy. Got a great position up the front. T'was most excellent.
    - Audiolsave. Nailing the woman perched atop someone's shoulders several rows in front of me in the back of the head with one of those 4 litre bottles and moshing to Killing In The Name.
    - Getting the first bus out on the Sunday night to avoid the crowd and traffic.
    - Lazing in the shade on late Sunday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Highlights for me where Jimmy Eat World, they never disappoint me live. Jim always has a lovely spirit when playing in Ireland.
    Bloc Party were just excellent, it was s**t about the sound but I could still hear what Kelle was singing and thats all the mattered to me!
    New Order, amazing.
    Prodigy finished off Saturday night perfectly.
    The Doves were great I'm so glad I got to see even half their set.
    Echo and the Bunnymen were just fantastic, I'm so glad I saw them.
    Audioslave were amazing, just seeing all the plastic bottles flying everywhere was so cool.
    I saw soo many bands but these are the ones really worth mentioning.
    Also I had great fun up in the Phantom tent, all the free lollies and dip-dabs came in very handy on both nights :D

magpie wrote:
    :D
    I realise my mistake now.
    Excellent shout Magpie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Musical highlights for me were....

Yourcodenameis:milo.
    They were just fantastic, everything I was hoping they would be in a live setting.
    Turn and Biffy were also brilliant, although both sets were far too short for my liking. :rolleyes:

Thought JEW were pretty ****e tbh, too many **** ups for such an experienced band.

xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Good:
    Interpol
    Prodigy, even if they didn't really play any new stuff
    Veggy food, mmm
    Everyone being in a good mood

Bad:
    Missing soooo many bands 'cos I'm a disaster
    Hot hot sun
    Having to walk/hobble so far to the toilets in the campsite
    Taking 3 hours to actually leave the damned car park on Monday!

Rolllll on Lecky Picky!!! It'll be like the Glastonbury of Eire! ('cos of the mind & body area and other festival delights!)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭ColinJennings

The Futureheads were the best band there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Good:
    • Bloc Party
    • Interpol
    • The Go! Team
    • Wine in a bag
    • The Magic Numbers
    • Bjorn Again
    • The Ordinary Boys
    • The 66e
    • The weather
    • Getting into the festival area as soon as the gates opened on Saturday to use the lovely toliets beside the main stage. Choice of brand new portaloos = Heaven.
    • Visiting the Phantom Pagoda, getting badges, meeting Simon, Aidan, Neil and someone I don't know, Getting a T-shirt, all to the sound of The Departure.
    • Speaking of Phantom, I saw Sinead Ni Mhorda at The Ordinary Boys
    • The craic at the campsite, in particular playing "Bollocks", The pirate theme ( people dressing up as Pirates, Our Jolly Rodger flag, copious amounts of "yyyarrhhh"s and "avast"s )
    • More veggie food, in particular the bangers and mash stall and the japanese noodle stall
    • The new layout, better than before but it could still be better worked out.

The Bad
    • The Price of food
    • The Kaiser Chiefs
    • Amount of posers
    • The copious amounts of anti-social behaviour
    • The lack of good security
    • Threatened with stabbing for my jumper.
    • Litter

• Advertisement

The Bad:
    Mtv's coverage at the weekend, was there only 3 bands playing the whole weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire_bear

yeah what about us sad people who couldnt go.... MTV sucks! i wanted to see at least three magic numbers songs and what did they have f-all! sons of biscuits

Advertisement