Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need better cooling

Options
  • 12-07-2005 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭

RIght now i have 2 case fans and a stock HSF. Its generating WAY to much heat. THe componants are fine, but this room is like and oven, I need some way to get rid of the hot air, what would be the best option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

wait for winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

P4 i assume. Full specs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

and you sed u have 2 120mm fans spare(well i think it was 120mm). pfft what lies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

P4 i assume. Full specs?

MSI PT8 Neo-V Motherboard
    Pentium 4 Prescott 2.4GHz S478
    Sony CRX320E CDRW/DVD
    GeForce 3 Ti 500
    SAA7134 Based Tv Tuner
    CNet Wireless PCI Card 802.11g
    Samsung 80GB 7200RPM HD

I think thats about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I doubt that PC would be making too much heat. How bad are the 2.4 ghz prescotts ? The 3.4s make a lot i know, but surely 2.4 can't be that bad ?

You're going to have to figure out a way of getting the hot air out of your room, or else use watercooling and somehow get the hot water out of your room.

I suggest sticking to air cooling unless you can get watercooling kit on the cheap-o. Get some ~120mm ducting and duct from the back of your pc to the window. You're gonna need decent fans to push air through this, i suggest some 120x38mm fans by Delta/Panaflo. try www.sidewindercomputers.com for some extreme fans (over 220 cfms! :o)

Be warned that any fan which is strong enough to push air through a duct is gonna be a beast. You're looking for a lot of head pressure, not a lot of cfms.

• Advertisement
Advertisement