Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I mad??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭daz42C

BuffyBot wrote:
    It's already been said, but it bears repeating. You really should find a more realistic relationship to pursue romantically, and stop investing so much into this one.

Realistically, I have not got a hope in hell, nobody likes me blind girls turn away in disgust and what is wrong with me....I have no confidence, have a fear of rejection, shy, and I am ugly in my opinion.

Why should I have to go through more rejection and pain when she says she likes me for who I am, instead of going out in the real world and getting someone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Its a a pickle fo sho'/ I dunno man, you might be just better off lettin it lie. I know it prolly seems like if you dont meet her,the world will implode,but not true (!) Although your ma is keepin an open mind, she might think that its just a thought your having. I remember when I was 16,I had something new every fckin week:- Start up a recording studio, rebuild a car, be a pro magician, all sorts of weird sh*t. But the reality was, I had neither the drive nor the cash when it came down to it.
    Why not stay strictly online friends, if it stands the test of time, wait till your finished your leavin', take a year out and go meet her in LA, do whatever you feel like doing. At that point, the responsibility wont lie with your mam and dad, and you'll be the forger of your own destiny. And even if it doesnt work out, make a similar plan for yourself. Its obvious you want to try things out of the norm, so go for it. It'll be all part of the grand scheme of life and growing up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

oh god this is bringing back some painfull memories from when i "thought" i was in love online it was great .. you chat for hours.. u think about her for hours .your a kid i was a kid back then tis a sad story but hey . oh man fair play to yeah

personally my opinion ..**** the parent its totally not needed your gonna have to grow up sometime so why not take the risk and piss off to spain

that hype about its a 60 year old granny pedophile thats all bull**** it happens but your a ****ing idiot if it does happen to you and very easily fooled and you deserve to get ****ed ( yes thats MY opinion guys dont like it ?.. then thats tough ) ( i know some of you's are gonna cry over that but get over it ) . iv met some ****in wicked people from the net and iv never regretted it

i'd take the risk if u got the money ..but FIRST get a webcam .. there 30 euros on Elara.ie ..and elara has some good stuff cant fault it there
    Watch her man watch what she does like that dude said

"Yes, to put it plainly you are mad...

Sorry i am not being very nice...no man you obviously have issues, are you lonely or going through any depression because you are allowing a virtual crush to bloom into someting serious, just stick to enjoying the chat online"

very closed mindset u got there mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

daz42C wrote:
    I have no confidence, have a fear of rejection, shy, and I am ugly in my opinion.
    Thats your problem, right there. You'll never find anyone who can like you unless you like yourself to begin with. I'm not telling you to become a self obsessed toss pot, but self respect goes a long way. People can tell when a person is happy in themselves, and tend to avoid those that they can tell not to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Realistically, I have not got a hope in hell, nobody likes me blind girls turn away in disgust and what is wrong with me....I have no confidence, have a fear of rejection, shy, and I am ugly in my opinion.

As someone else said, right there is your problem. I'm sorry if I sound unsympathetic, unfeeling, or patronising - it isn't the case. Almost everyone at your age, including myself, went through the same stuff. Teenagers for the most part are horrible to each other because they're going through plenty of issues. Even the most beautiful/fit/successful people have their insecurities. As you grow older, you'll find that out - and you won't feel half as bad about yourself, trust me.
    Why should I have to go through more rejection and pain when she says she likes me for who I am, instead of going out in the real world and getting someone??

Because, it's easier to be accepting when it isn't real. Virtual relationships allow you to overlook the faults, the incompatibilities, the obstacles - it's fantastic like that. Life isn't really that easy and by f*ck it hurts a lot sometimes. Still better than something that seems real though.

Advertisement