Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for test drives / Gearbox Question

Options
  • 12-07-2005 11:51pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can't find this in a search so..

The AXA blurb on the back of the Certificate of Insurance says
    5 Vehicles, or Classes of Vehicles, the use of which is covered
    ( a ) The Vehicle bearing registration number XX X XXXXX
    ( b ) Any Motor Car (or Motor Cycle) being driven, with the consent of the ower, by the Insured, provided such vehicle does not belong to him/her and is not hired to him/her under a hire purchase agreement.
    Does this mean I'm covered for third party if I test drive an uninsured car with the owners consent ?

Gearbox Question
    In a test drive in a car ( it was insured ;) ) was told that an adjustment needed to be made to stop the lever moving too far sideways on one of the gears, is this plausible ? , is it a fairly simple adjustment or is like a million hours of labour to get at it to make the adjustment - or could there be another problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

In a test drive in a car ( it was insured ;) ) was told that an adjustment needed to be made to stop the lever moving too far sideways on one of the gears, is this plausible ? , is it a fairly simple adjustment or is like a million hours of labour to get at it to make the adjustment - or could there be another problem ?
    It is plausible that the linkage could need adjusting which shouldn't be an expensive job. Also, sometimes there is a bush in the linkage that wears and needs replacing and when it is replaced the gears feel far less sloppy. I would say get a decent mechanic to look at it for you. Because it could be something else that is causing the sloppiness. Something in the gearbox internals i.e. expensive.

Advertisement