Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slight disappointment with 6230i

Options
  • 12-07-2005 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Got a 6230i and compared to the 6230 I noticed it's a bit more plasticky in terms of the build quality.

Fascia is plasticky as well whereas I had the tin grey one with my 6230.

The keypad as well feels more plasticky than the rubbery 6230 one.

Bit of a weird observation I know...but it feels cheaper and my guess is that it is in terms of production costs. The feel of the 6230 is much better.

Since these are popular with business users I would've thought Nokia would've wanted to keep the feeling / ergonomics of the 6230.

Is anyone else slightly disappointed about this or is it just me...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

I also was when i got my hands on one for a look

for one of nokias most popular phones the 6230i isnt much of an upgrade, not that there is much to improve on, your right when you say it feels more plasticky, and I also think the slightly larger screens takes away from the "sexyness" of the 6230

but having said that its still a good phone feature wise!!

Advertisement