Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home phone question?

Options
  • 13-07-2005 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭

My brother just bought a house. Its not new. He wants to get a phone line in. But he is wondering does have have to get in touch with eircom to get a number. The last occupants left all the stuff including the telephone , they just disconnected the line and number.

Can my brother ring up Esat (or what ever company) and get them to get him a number?

Does he have to contact eircom to get a number then can he say to them i aint going with you i want to go with Esat (or what ever company)?

Can someone clear this up for me?

The house is in Dublin incase anyone knows of any cheaper phone companies than Esat.

I should know but wih Esat now able to charge line rental themselves has confused me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

He will still have to get a number from eircom and then he can move to a different company. Make sure he only pays them €25 for reconnection.

Advertisement