Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTF? Jankulovski completes Milan transfer?

• 13-07-2005 4:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

MILAN, May 31 (Reuters) -MILAN, May 31 (Reuters) - AC Milan have completed the signing of Czech international Marek Jankulovski from Udinese.

Milan said in a statement that Jankulovski had signed a four-year contract with the beaten Champions League finalists.

Jankulovski, who can operate at left back or in midfield, is Milan's second new arrival after they brought in Swiss midfielder Johann Vogel from PSV Eindhoven last week.

Jankulovski, 28, enjoyed three seasons with Udinese after making his name in Italy with Napoli whom he joined from his hometown club Banik Ostrava..

How the fook did I miss that?
    Good signing!
    Atlast Carlo buys a winger!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This guy is a ****ing quality player, and he is another world class player gotten on a free, Vieiri aswell!

If they sign Gildarino, they are going to be up there at the top again.
    Have they even spent any money this year yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I've only ever seen Jankulovski play left back as he plays there for the Czechs. I only found out recently he can play left wing too but I would have thought from seeing him play that he's much more suited to left back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Could you imagine Milan next year if they got Giladrino as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

SpAcEd OuT wrote:

I hadn't heard anything about Gilardino before, but just checked him out and I felt the same way as the original poster: How the hell did I miss this guy?

46 goals in 72 games in the last 2 seasons in Serie A and he's only 23? Plus Parma were almost relegated last season. Sounds like a class player alright.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He more or less signed a pre-contract last January I thought. In any case he's been a sure-bet signing for Milan for ages. What's strange is that they gave Kaladze a new 4-5 year contract a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Milan said in a statement that Jankulovski had signed a four-year contract with the beaten Champions League finalists.

I'll never get tired of reading stuff like that :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

milan buy players with an intelligence rarely seen at any other club

wenger is the only real comparison

they seem to have the perfect balance of buying big, picking up frees and smallers fees for solid players...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Top quality player , very underated but then players like him and Zambrotta always are .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

gsand wrote:
    milan buy players with an intelligence rarely seen at any other club

That's so true. They rarely make a bad buy //waits for scores of players to be listed// They are a always thereabouts in ECL as well as Serie A.

Class team next year by the looks of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

SpAcEd OuT wrote:

Any better than having Shev and kaka?

kdjac

• Advertisement

That's so true. They rarely make a bad buy //waits for scores of players to be listed// They are a always thereabouts in ECL as well as Serie A.

Class team next year by the looks of things.

Papin, Baggio, Lentini... :D Nah, in general that's very true with the added bonus that they seem to be able to offload any player that doesn't work out (usually to Inter, at a profit), quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

KdjaC wrote:
    Any better than having Shev and kaka?

kdjac

Remeber Crespo is gone and Milan do play 4-4-2 quite a bit so he would be a great replacement . The attcking ability Milan have is frightening .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kaka is a midfeilder, he plays behind the front two, Carlo said himself he doesnt like playing him as a support striker.
    So next season with Inzaghi, Vieri, Shevchenko and Gilardino(hopefully) at the club and a midfeild of Jankulovski, Pirlo, Rino and Kaka playing behind them kon we have a major chance of winning somehting, also there are rumbles of Seedorf going to spain in a deal worth 7 figures... *hopes and prays* so maybe there will be a few more signings, a young right back and we are sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

SpAcEd OuT wrote:

They can still only play with 11 players at the time anyway. And they should seriously start thinking about buying defenders, as Maldini, Cafu and Stam are very old and Nesta is turning 30 next year.

Juve is a much more complete team in my opinion, but again Juve is my team ;)

JD Tomasson just left for Stuttgart so there may be a Gilardino-sized hole to fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Seaneh wrote:
    also there are rumbles of Seedorf going to spain in a deal worth 7 figures... *hopes and prays*
    Good, he's always been the weak link in the midfield imo.

Cafu and Stam still have a couple of years in them at the highest level, up until the semi-final/final of the CL, Milan had by far the best defense.

7 figures is anything from 1 to 9.9 million, and Seedorf is still quite young. Even if you're not a big fan of is, statistically if you buy him your Champions League chances shoot up :D

Well it's finally official: Gilardino is a Milan player. Vieri can go put his tracksuit back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Well it's finally official: Gilardino is a Milan player. Vieri can go put his tracksuit back on.

Fantasitc
    Him Jankulovski are great signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Gilardino signed?! Jayz, i didnt think he would....now i hope Juve get Cassano!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Seaneh wrote:
    a young right back and we are sorted.

there was talk of Oddo coming to Milan a month or two back, but that hasn't been realised yet anyway
    Cafu wanted Milan to look at Cecinho, his fill in for the Confederations cup...

Advertisement