Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steel Panthers - World at War

• 26-06-2001 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

my current hunting for free wargames has dug this up smile.gif

http://www.matrixgames.com/Games/SP-WorldAtWar/downloads.asp

400MB complete game, being distributed free. its turn based WW2 era (it has spanish civil war senarios as well) wargame. highly detailed, dunno about the AI as yet as i'm only playing around with it but looks well worth the download. graphics do the job although it can be difficult to pick out the various infantry units, has play by email so this could be a handy game for some lunchtime strategy fests smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

418meg is a bit serious now Noggie, burn it to a CD and post it to me and I'll take a look smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

400 meg is way outta my league aswell. There are plenty of games out there of simular size which I cannot get either (curses: shakes fist). I think my hax is about 20meg (about an hour and a half if its a slwo server), after that the cost would start to cancel out the benefits of the product being free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    418meg is a bit serious now Noggie, burn it to a CD and post it to me and I'll take a look smile.gif</font>

i could do that, or u could get rev to dl it and burn it, and give it 2 you over a pint after work some evening smile.gif

btw, you still ain't regged for savq2 properly and we've played 2 weeks already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I keep telling you I never got no confirmation url - I don't know what's going on, I have no url to visit. confused.gif

Delete me and re-reg me as [HIV]TwoSheds and give them my hotmail a/c for email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is it similar to Steel Panthers II - I had played that on a friend's PC and then bought it, but haven't played it since. Nice enough game.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Hey if it is at all possible would you put that game on a CD,I will pay for postage and packaging and the CD if necessary,I love those games,so any takers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

I've been playing Steel Panthers (I), it's pretty good too. Annnnnd you can download it from http://www.theunderdogs.org/game.php?id=2617. Only 10 megs!

Advertisement