Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PC ill... any ideas ?

• 13-07-2005 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi
    Running Windows XP Home.(dell)
    PC about 4 yrs old. It just got very ill last night.

Mon night, my 1 yr free subscription to EzArmor firewall and virus scanner expired.
    I enabled the windows xp firewall and then proceeded to download AVG, which
    installed fine, ran a full virus check, all ok.

Tue night, downloaded Kerio firewall. Installed ok, said needed to reboot to complete install.
    Some apps didnt shut down very gracefully, anyway didnt shutdown completely (just blackscreened)
    so did a hard reset and on restart, after the dell.com splashscreen it just goes to a blackscreen indefinitely.

I can break out and attempt to start in Last known good mode or safe mode, but in either case when
    it goes to the 2nd page, to ask which OS you want to start (just XP in my case) hitting enter to start has
    no effect, nor does pressing any other key. That screen just remains. Have to hard reset each time to shutdown/restart.

Any ideas what I should try next ?

Thks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

have you tried starting with a boot disk? i know it sounds silly, but you never know!

Advertisement