Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Alert 2

• 17-06-2001 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I don't have much to say so I'll make it short and sweet [Red Alet2]is the best war game but there is only one problem the multiplayer runnes on the msn gaming zone which is ****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

weh weh avatar stealing newbies tongue.gifwink.gif

have RA2 sitting here with ages and not installed it yet - am sure looking forward to it tho - the last 3 ro><0red imho biggrin.gif

"So long loosers whom I've always hated"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i really don't think red alert counts as a wargame, tbh i think all RTS games are not wargames, in any sense of the term 'wargames'. i'm tempted to lock this and move it to games

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I have RA2 here aswell
    I would like toplay a few people in a game of it
    If you would like to play me, catch me on IRC
    on irc.barrysworld.com
    under nick Oj
    please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

The graphic style is not as good as the first and kinda puts me off. Does seem to have more rules and units but lacks the gameplay and atmosphere of the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd alos like to give anyone a game, msg me on IRC or email me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 [Warlock]

I also have age of kings but it is too old now I just needed a new wargame hence (Red Alert 2)It just kicks ass and maybe I will talk to us PHB and OJ on irc and arange an internet game of Red Alert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

RA2 = Unbalanced POS

Homeworld would be the best if it used the system from cataclysm, neither of them reach number one but they both do kinda thing.

ill take anybody on in a game of cataclysm biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

RA2 unbalanced I think not.

Allies have all the techy stuff
    Soviet have massive raw killing machines

Both sides are completely differant and each has its own strengths.

Btw RA2 anyone interested in putting together a team to play online against umm other people just for laffs?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [Warlock]:
    I also have age of kings but it is too old now I just needed a new wargame hence (Red Alert 2)It just kicks ass and maybe I will talk to us PHB and OJ on irc and arange an internet game of Red Alert</font>

What is your IRC name
    mine is Oj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i loved c&c1, red alert, retaliation and tiberian sun, thus i was lookin foward too playin c&c 2.... but it stinks!!

its ssoooooo crap, as soon as someone gets super weapons its over, the ai is a joke, i destroyed an entire base with only 3 units! rolleyes.gif

i played it for about a month to give it a fair try but woooo it just gets worse n worse... sorry matey imho its a biggest waste of money n harddrive space i'v ever seen...

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Advertisement

Yea Tib Sun is a pile of **** don't think I even bothered finishing the Nod missions :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

It's a good game if you play it long enough. I played a few times and it's ok to me.Also, on the 3-4 allied mission,how do you get your team past the russian tanks at the ice-pool....anyone???

[::::::> Rest In Pieces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GREENHELL:

Btw RA2 anyone interested in putting together a team to play online against umm other people just for laffs?
    </font>

I'll play on your team but you better give it a cool name!

'My Hardcore Title!' - Bounty Hunter

'One day I will be Tánaiste, but I will always be myself' - Digital Tilmitt/Princess Garnet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Kaidos

Tilmitt will always choose Soviets though, damn Ruskies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Sorry, they haven't improved beyond adding one or 2 frames of animation and upping the res. each release. C&C/RA/TS/RA2/DUNE200 , clones, at best mods of each other.

Total Annihilation, constantly evolving with all the unit/AI updates and still so many features missing from Westwood games - Not bad for summat over 3 years old.

Yes TA is still a classic game, started playing it again a few weeks ago and got the lastest patch, but I still think RA2 is a better game its just so damn enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

i have RA2! i love RA2! but the fv<king thing crashes every single fv<king time i play it! my system should be able to handle it. i have a p3500, 128 megs of ram and a voodoo3 3000. has this happened to anybody else??? i stopped playing it about 2 months ago because it got so f<cking annoying. at the time i had it fully patched up and had re-installed it twice. but i really do love the game. i'd love to form a team or something like that. plese help! please

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jesus - that's freaky that someone dug this topic up today cause me and kayos were playing it networked for the first time last night! smile.gif

There was much rape and pillage of his army - a mere 20 Rhinos and 10 Apocylapse Tanks were all it took for me to win the first game, but he's only learning, so I must be nice (and I shan't mention the utter bum-fuckery he administers when we play AOE2).

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

so im guessing it doesnt crash on you every single time you play it then.... man i loved those conscripts, cloning thousands of em and sending them to their doom..... ah well

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sliotar:
    i have RA2! i love RA2! but the fv<king thing crashes every single fv<king time i play it! my system should be able to handle it. i have a p3500, 128 megs of ram and a voodoo3 3000. has this happened to anybody else??? i stopped playing it about 2 months ago because it got so f<cking annoying. at the time i had it fully patched up and had re-installed it twice. but i really do love the game. i'd love to form a team or something like that. plese help! please</font>

This sometimes happens to me, I think it happens to me becase I am using a backup version.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

aHAAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    HEEHEEHEHEEEEEEEEe
    HOOOHOHOOOHOHHHOOOOOOOO

A BACKUP version you say???

ROFL!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

whats a backup version?? and hey it only happens to you "sometimes", it literally happens to me every time i play the game :O

Advertisement