Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

God of War

• 13-07-2005 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hey, has anyone bought God of War for the PS2. It looks amazing and I was thinking of buying it but I've been fooled before by good visuals into buying a crap game (DMC2), so I want some impartial opinions.

Of course, I'll probably ignore everyone and buy it anyway, but that's just the way I am. Get used to it! :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

This is best game on the PS2 for me, up there with Resident Evil 4. Buy it, worth every penny (but I have heard a few problems with the PAL conversion).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Cool, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. What do you mean problems with PAL? & also, what games would you compare it more to? Primal or Devil May Cry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I haven't play DMC or Primal yet (DMC is on its way to me :D) but this is what retro said about it:
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    Well I suggest you buy it. It's a bit like DMC, the fighting system looks impressive. However its much easier to use since it is nowhere near as tight as the DMC system. Blocking is very responsive and effective. Overall its lots more fun to use but less challenging. Excellent story so far, Kratos is a right bastard :D . The first boss fight with Hydra was simply stunning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's absolutely fantastic. Buy it now.

It's not like primal because it's an excellent game.

It's a bit like DMC1+3, great battle system, but isn't as rigid and quite a bit easier and even easier I heard if you go for the easy setting.

As for problems with the PAL version there are a few small problems. There are borders but they are tiny, almost unnoticable, definitely not as bad as a terrible Square-Enix conversion. It seems a bit slower than the NTSC version and there is the odd occurrance of update lines when the game is really pushing the PS2. Overall there is nothing there that will mar your enjoyment of the game.

Buy this game, you need it in your life. It's by far the best game on the PS2 other than FFX and is vying for the place of my game of the year with Resi 4.

there is also nudity in it which is a major plus point :D (love the extra large 18's sign on the front of the box).

Edit: In fact what am I doing here. I'm off to play it right this minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

It's a must have. No complaints with it what-so-ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement