Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a PC or a Connection Problem?

Options
  • 13-07-2005 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Morning all,

I was playing the tig 64man server lastnight for the first time.
    When trying to snipe a running enemy at long range, the enemy was appearing every metre or two then disappearing. As if the fps was very very high. The further away the enemy, the worse it got.

This made sniping pretty much impossible.

Is this a connection issue or a computer performance issue?

Im on the 3meg ntl package. Was getting a ping of about 20ms.

The machine is a 2.8p4, 2gig ram, 6800gt.

Btw, What is the command for bringing up the fps in bf2? I used one I found on another thread but it didnt work.

Cheers,
    Wavey

PS: As you can see from my sig, there is a problem with the stats system. Is this related to the connection problems lastnight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭call_me_fish

the guy who was disapering was probebly lagging , nothing u can do if it's them laging :mad: hate laggers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Yeah but it seemed to be happening alot. Unless I was following around the lagger the whole time!! :D

Does a 64 man game have more of a loading effect on the connection or the machine itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Wavey wrote:

Btw, What is the command for bringing up the fps in bf2? I used one I found on another thread but it didnt work.

renderer.drawfps 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wavey wrote:
    Yeah but it seemed to be happening alot. Unless I was following around the lagger the whole time!! :D

Does a 64 man game have more of a loading effect on the connection or the machine itself?

A nasty memory leak was introduced with the server 1.01 patch, and ever since there's been loads of lag. It should be sorted soon enough.

The sig issue is due to someone allegedly running a denial of service attach against Gamespy who host the stats server.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its the server. Its been running too long and the memory leak has set in.

Constant server restarts are the only option.

I wish they would hurry the hell up and fix that patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

had the same thing too. pain in the ass trying to play with it like that. gave up in the end.

there's a thread in here about it. it was causing peopel to not be able to connect either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

It's pretty funny how they released a patch that broke more than it fixed :/

Patch notes seemed to say the server browser was improved but it's still useless. Favorites anyone?

Advertisement