Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teamspeak

Options
  • 13-07-2005 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

My clan started using Teamspeak recently.

If I use teamspeak and online gaming at the same time, how likely is it to affect my ping? Or how badly will it affect it?

Game is SoF2.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If your on f6k, maybe.

If your using BB, no, not much anyhpoo's. Currently use TS when playing Battlefield2, and there's not much difference.

Also, if you think you are being affected, there's an option to reduce the quality of the voice, to decrease the amount of data that you send.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Teamspeak uses hardly any bandwidth because it sounds crap most of the time. Im on a 4 meg line and it runs fine with any game...

Try using skype and gaming tho :eek: lagfest

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Aye, should be ok.
    I use TS with BF2 and still ping 20 average to Irish servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

id be more worried about having to play sof2 at all than my ping :eek: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Deadwing wrote:
    id be more worried about having to play sof2 at all than my ping :eek: ;)

I love the game. Our clan plays in 3rd person, much more enjoyable then 1st. New mod out recently as well which fixes exploitation crashes and adds loads of cool new features

Can't get enough of it :)

No other game does it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

sof 2 is a bit of mindless fun

Teamspeak shouldnt be a problem, i run it at max quality (im on 3mdown/128kup)
    although my latency sucks because of my isp teamspeak doesnt make it any worse.

the only time you will see a problem is if you are hosting a TS server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well, used it last night, and my ping is usually crap, so an extra 10 added to it or so made little difference.

Teamspeak at max quality, pretty cool stuff - except - I keep getting killing from not paying enough attention to the actual game itself :(

Advertisement