Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help - Trip to see Man United??

• 13-07-2005 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am just looking for some advice, my mother, brother and I are thinking of going to see Man United play Blackburn Rovers on the 24th September in Old Trafford. Tickets are hard to get I believe if your not a member, and even if you are a member you still go into a ballot. What I was thinking of doing was buying my tickets of this website : http://www.clickfortickets.co.uk,
    basically what I wanna know is buying my tickets of such a website is safe to do so. Also if anyone knows of any other means of getting tickets safely it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Willem D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Willem D wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I am just looking for some advice, my mother, brother and I are thinking of going to see Man United play Blackburn Rovers on the 24th September in Old Trafford. Tickets are hard to get I believe if your not a member, and even if you are a member you still go into a ballot. What I was thinking of doing was buying my tickets of this website : http://www.clickfortickets.co.uk,
    basically what I wanna know is buying my tickets of such a website is safe to do so. Also if anyone knows of any other means of getting tickets safely it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Willem D
    I doubt you will have any problems getting a ticket for the game if you ring up the ticket office - they are selling the Villa tickets to anyone who wants them One person (who was not a member) rang up last thursday (the tickets had been on sale for a week at this point) and got a ticket for right behind the goal, 3 rows from the front. There were plenty of tickets available anywhere in the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Well you see I rang the ticket office and thats what they told me.

they will be saying that til the tickets actually go on sale, as it is policy to sell them that way, but unless demand dramatically increases between now and then, you should be in luck. it really depends on what date the tickets go on sale.

They go on sale the 12th of august, but if all else fails are those ticket websites safe.

i reckon you could be in luck then as we will only have played one prem game so this boycott that IS affecting ticket sales will prob still be in full swing. it is a long shot but i think it might work out well for you. the villa tickets have been on sale for near 2 weeks now and can still be bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

some of the prices seem crazy on that website. its been a whil since i was at ot, but is that the norm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Whoa, that's pretty expensive. I thought someone on tv said the dearest tickets were 40-something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Willem D wrote:
    They go on sale the 12th of august, but if all else fails are those ticket websites safe.

So your paying someone more money to ring up on the 12th and book tickets for you. :confused:

Or do you think they have a magic bag with tickets in it :)

kdjac

Tbh I had no idea what route take in buying the tickets, thats why I came on here, but as Tauren has made clear to me its possible to buy the tickets on the day they are released without membership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Tauren, the villa tickets still going? and what is the number for the ticket line....i rang a 08704421999 that it? just ringing engaged at the moment....

hey lads, i rang 00448704421999 they told me for villa ring a diff number...so just to know cos i thouhg tall those 0870 were accessable without the country code...

• Advertisement

Tauren just rang up the ticket office at ot there and they say you need to be a member to buy a ticket. i asked would they sell out to members and he said they will do....any ideas?

hmmm - thats not what i have been hearing, a guy on another forum rang up the TO yesterday and picked up 3 tickets for the villa game, no membership.

I'll try again yer man asked me if we were members i said no and he said we only sell to members...i dunno...do you know what number they rang?

yea rang up again and he said league game tickets are not on sale to non members....can apply for champ league tickets, again thats applying,, or obviously can become a member for 20-30 sterling and then buy tickets.....

not sure what number they rang, maybe they chose to become members on the spot and pick up the tickets that way - i know they weren't members before hand.

Aye just annoying..i reckon if u went over there u'd get em for face value outside that said there would prolly be alot of hassle first game of season might be some protests and id reckon people buying tickets would get hounded...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Don't do that.
    Touts love Old Trafford, they make a killing over there.
    Don't go without tickets booked

Ah dunno I know of lads who have got them for next to face value outside....depends on the game i dont think there seems to be a huge demand for these tickets...i dunno but id imagine first home game of season would have been sold out by now in previous years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

that clickfortickets.co.uk is a complete rip off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

Tauren wrote:
    not sure what number they rang, maybe they chose to become members on the spot and pick up the tickets that way - i know they weren't members before hand.

According to manutd.com the Aston Villa tickets are only on sale to members at the moment. In the past few seasons very few league games have been offered to non-members. In the last 2 seasons I have applied for tickets for practically every home league game and most FA Cup games and don't remember any that weren't oversubscribed.

Some FA Cup and CL games in the early rounds have been offered to non-members though. Even if there is some sort of boycott on I would be surprised if the match doesn't sell out to ST/One United members.

Willem D - please don't use the likes of www.clickfortickets.com, they're practically touts. I'd suggest Dream Breaks who offer official ticket/hotel packages. Bronze games (which include Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers) are £156pp which from the site includes:

Your Dream Break includes:
    • Match ticket
    • 1 night's accommodation - choose
    from budget to 5 star luxury hotels
    in and around Manchester
    • Museum & stadium tour
    • Match programme
    • Red Cafe discount meal voucher
    • Discount Megastore shopping voucher
    • Discount Red Cinema voucher
    • Discount shopping and meal vouchers for Lowry Outlet Mall

£156 ain't cheap but at least you'd have your hotel and match ticket sorted.

£156 is too steep because I have accomodation with family and the flights are pretty hefty. I know clickfortickets is dear but its not in the long run all I wanna know is this company safe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement