Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps Dublin Live Web Cams

Options
  • 13-07-2005 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have developed a Page which shows "Markers" to the various Live Web Cameras around dublin onto a Google Map. Click on a marker to view the Image.
    Check it out if you are interested at:

http://www.rosebudsoft.com/GoogleMapsDublinCams.htm

Also, if you know any other Camera's, there is a link at the bottom of this page to add your own.

Jerome O'Flaherty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

nice site

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

you mispelt ballymun :mad:
    anyways dats santry cross bud weerr

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭jeromeof

I have fix the spelling now. Interesting I got this misspelling because I copied the Web Cam description from the Dublin Corporation Website:

www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/getting_around/traffic_cameras/

So I think you should write a stong letter of complaint to the Corporation about its misspelling.

Thanks

Jerome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Bambi wrote:
    you mispelt ballymun :mad:
    anyways dats santry cross bud weerr

You've got to love people who use terrible spelling while correcting others spelling. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

nice one, the whole (geeky portion) of the office is very impressed!

one thing though. the one on the cabra road is actually further west, as the slight bend in the road, where the cabra road meets the navan road.

you can see the merc garage on the left of the screen. not sure if it counts as the cabra road either as although the camera might be at the end of the cabra road, the view is very much of the navan road with no cabra bits visible.

unless they turn it round anyway. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just a pity that the feeds on the cameras are a little behind real-time. I took the M50 from Sandyford to Ballymount yesterday afternoon after looking, and the whole road was clear, when I got on though it was a parking lot. Checked the camera times and they're about 20 mins behind sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

The one that claims to be Parliament St, has been turned 90 degrees and now looks down Dame St.

It could be quite a job keeping this list up to date!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

skywalker wrote:
    You've got to love people who use terrible spelling while correcting others spelling. :rolleyes:

werrr...burr my crappy spellin is deliberrah ye bleedin eejah ye :p

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

thats a deadly web page would be savage if cameras were real time

There is one that is real-time the allcladdagh webcam. Which is on the north quays (Swift Row) looking at O'Connell Bridge. Zoom in to see it.

Jerome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭el_tiddlero

thats so sweet...... i can't wait to get someone i know in there so i can watch them going around town....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

mine, made for the relations in las vegas

http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~sparky_s/IrishNews.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

dats blaaaaydin rappeh! cept deh sqwayer is deh wrong side uv dih belgard rowad frum what i can see.

stoooory bud, waz up, hav ya goh a light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Good job Jerome. I will definitely bookmark this page. Now I can get a glimpse of Dublin whenever I want!

Cheers.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sparky_S wrote:
    stoooory bud, waz up, hav ya goh a light
    *Splashes the skanger with some petrol*

You wanna light? Here's a light...

the_syco wrote:
    *Splashes the skanger with some petrol*

You wanna light? Here's a light...

LOL id love to do that to some i hate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Great site mate.

Just one little point. Youve got Harts Corner plotted in the wrong place. Your plot point for it points at Hanlons Corner which is on the North Circular Road.

Harts Corner is about 300 yards north of Phibsboro at the end of the Finglas Road.

I have fixed up Harts Corner now, I hope. If anyone thinks that a camera is in wrong position, us the "Click here" to add a poiint and just zoom in to the map on that page and click on exactly where the camera is and email the coordinates I will up the map then.

By the way, I also mad the images a bit bigger so that they look clearer now.

Jerome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pearl666

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Great site!

But how come some of the cameras show Dublin at 3:45am and dark, when it's only 8:45 right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

cool, if only the camera's were more upto date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

It's very good. I don't think DCC would be too happy about you linking to their cameras though. Tis only a matter of time before they catch on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wow, that's a savage site, mate. Good job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭gary_s

Nice work!!
    jeromeof wrote:
    By the way, I also mad the images a bit bigger so that they look clearer now.

Well, some of them are being displayed at a bigger size than the actual JPG image, which means the browser is doing a crappy resize job and they're not looking so good (IMHO!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

thats a pretty impressive piece or work alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 diarmuid8620125

I tried your site and it went to "Rosebud" website - when I selected Dublin Web Cam it crapped out.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What about the €30 massage in Thomas Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

What the link? That rosebud one doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

The first post is from 2005. Zombie thread!

Advertisement