Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opeth - Ghost reveries, 30/8/05

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Soon they'll be up to big 3 hour sets like Rush and Dream Theater. ;)
    Now that I'd like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Most metal bands, even people like Maiden, generally don't seem to be prepared to play for more than 2 hours, which I always think is a great shame.

Every time I've gone to see a band like them with a huge backcatalog, I've always been left going "That was cool, but I wish they'd played
    "...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Most metal bands, even people like Maiden, generally don't seem to be prepared to play for more than 2 hours, which I always think is a great shame.

That's because it's exhausting to play a tour consisting of three hour shows. Can you imagine the strain on a singer's voice doing a third more work, especially when singing in a style like Opeth's heavier bits. Yes I know his voice should be well used to it but the body still has its limits. Plus add to the fact that a lot of venues and regions have curfews (was disgusted to find out at a gig in Paris that the show must end at 10.30!) and they have to go by ferry timetables when playing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Soon they'll be up to big 3 hour sets like Rush and Dream Theater. ;)
    Now that I'd like to see.
    Maybe they'd even get around to playing Black Rose Immortal in that case. As far as I know, they've only played it live a handful of times, and that was before Morningrise was released

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I will most certainly see them live next time they play here. The Maiden gig had a curfew of half ten as well, due to housing and whatnot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

nosmo wrote:
    Maybe they'd even get around to playing Black Rose Immortal in that case. As far as I know, they've only played it live a handful of times, and that was before Morningrise was released

Aye, that would be something, but as far as I know the band themselves don't like Morningrise at all, and rarely play much from it. That said, I'd absolutely adore seeing To Bid You Farewell played live, and hope they get around to it at some stage.

Advertisement