Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor Firefox Limitation

Options
  • 13-07-2005 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I needed to edit a large piece of text on a webiste that was presented inside a textarea. I only needed to change one word, so I decided I would use the search funtion on FireFox. I found that FireFox can't search within a textarea but IE can. So, for this task, I had to switch back to IE.

Anyone know of an extension (or maybe someone would care to write one :p) which would allow a user to search within input boxes on a web page? I will need to do this quite often in the near future and I really don't like using IE.

Serb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Apologies for replying to my own thread, but I have found an extension that sort of helps me out for the moment called External Editor. It allows me to edit textareas in notepad, and when I close notepad is saves the edits into the textarea. I guess I'll file a suggestion with Mozilla in the meantime.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it's a known bug.

Advertisement