Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help With Mixed Mode Cd(director Mx)

Options
  • 13-07-2005 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

I'm creating a mixed mode cd. This will alow users to play audio in their cd player but also watch a video when the cd is placed into a pc. Problem is......when I burn a disk containing everyting I need and I place the cd into a normal cd player ther is 4 tracks instead of 3, the 4th track is like a "ghost" track containing nothing but an hour of silence. Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

One possibility: consumer CD players only read the first session on a CD-R. Burn the audio tracks on as the first session of a multi-session CD, burn the data files on as session #2, close the disc, and try that?

Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭eezarthegreat

Do you know any buring software that allows this? Im using easy cd........

Nero does? Easy CD Creator should, I think, but it's the spawn of santa, as the dyslexics say...

Gadget

I have both open and I'm trying to re-arrange the order, can't do it in easy cd(which I know people hate it :)) and no sign of nero helping :(

Sorry, realised I was making a mistake in trying to make a hybrid audio/data CD across multiple sessions without a suitable header. Stupid of me, sorry.

If you're already creating a mixed-mode CD, it's possible that your CD player is older and doesn't handle them "properly". Before going to too much effort, maybe you should try the CD another player(s)?

Gadget

• Advertisement

I have, tried a portable, tried the cd player downstairs............. dammit I really can't get my head around it! Plenty of experience but I have no idea whats going on here, appreciate the help tho :)

Hi again... have been reading an article ( http://www.northeasterndigital.com/info/ecdartic.htm ) that suggests "CD EXTRA" as what you want - Track 1..n for Audio, Last track for data. I know Nero does it - try that instead?

Gadget

I think I just fixed it!! I opened up easy cd and began to read in mixed mode, it clearly states that cd's burnt under thin that ARE intended to be audio too won't work, I then read into and have successfully burnt with "enhanced-cd mode" this burns audio first!! Thank god I got that!! I really appreciate the help Gadget! :)

Nice one... it's actually in the article that "CD Extra" and "Enhanced CD" are two names for the same thing :)

Glad it works (regardless of how)...
    Gadget

I put you on my buddy list, if you ever need help maybe i can help, take care

• Advertisement

No bother...

Gadget

Advertisement