Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Landline Calls within Ireland?

Options
  • 13-07-2005 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

I was looking at Vonage.co.uk and their plans offer unlimited landline calls in the UK & Ireland for as little as £10 a month.
    However you need a UK address and credit card to apply.
    Outside of the 999 issue I cant see any reason why they would restrict it to the UK. It would provide great savings for a company that spends most of its cash on peak national calls.
    Anyone know of a reputable provider that has a similar product available in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Short answer is Yes/No - i.e. Yes but Not at that price/
    Skytel.ie for 29.99 offer unlimited* national + international calls
    for 19.99 they offer unlimited* national calls
    *the calls are unlimited but the destinations are limited (understandably) - and doesn't include mobiles

Whenever the telcos rollout their VoIP we may see unlimited free calls to more locations for less. We'll certainly see this as competition for our custom heats up :)

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Cheers for that causal, unlimited national for 19.99 looks great.
    I think I may go with 2 lines of that for 19.99 each pm and transfer my two existing lines to blueface. That would mean that for 60 a month I would have unlimited calls on two lines and keep my existing number for incoming calls for not much more than we're paying for line rental at the moment.
    Now to figure out the mobile side of it, time to invest in a few gsm modems perhaps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

air wrote:
    Now to figure out the mobile side of it, time to invest in a few gsm modems perhaps :)

I got a few Nokia 22 GSM terminals on Ebay (they're very expensive new) and they work well with the Grandstream 488 and Sipura 3000 units for originating and terminating mobile calls. If you're using Asterisk then you could attach them to a Digium card with a couple of FXO ports (e.g. one for 086 and one for 087 calls). Downside is the extra monthly rental for the SIM that you'll need for each unit. I think though that this approach is the only realistic way of reducing large mobile bills.

Hi bhickey,
    Sounds great, I'm only starting to read up on asterisk at the moment though.
    Also my current pbx only has 4 analogue lines so I might have to get another card for that to take advantage of all this.
    How do you interface them to the Sipura 3000 for example?
    Are you hooking them into the pstn interface?

• Advertisement
Advertisement