Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gattling Gun movie

Options
  • 13-07-2005 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

This movie really reminds me of flying over enemy positions blasting away with my gattling gun in battlefield 2

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-413.htm

damm, that weapon is letal :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Not too shabby, although them manned gattling guns tend to be only 10mm ammo, however look towards the A-10, not only is the ammo the size of your forearm (30mm,no joke, its huge, about a foot long), but the rate of fire of 3900rpm lets this thing basically tear buildings down. Way more fun than a manned gattling gun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

a107pt.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pretty damn cool. As menioned, the Warthog is a tank-killer, so it has 30mm rounds.
    A-10 Warthog Strafing

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

thats mental fook if that came at you even from the huey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

:eek:
    fookin hell! man that looks so fun..lol. Ive held one of those 30mm rounds before...forgot just how big those bastards are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

LIGHTNING wrote:
    I have a cool video of the dutch Goalkeeper CIWS system designed for ships but I have nowhere to upload it to.Its a real piece of work firing 4500 rounds a min! I love to see what that would do to a Hind or apache :)
    Gimme the filename + extension, and I'll see if I have it or can find it on the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

LIGHTNING wrote:
    I have a cool video of the dutch Goalkeeper CIWS system designed for ships but I have nowhere to upload it to.Its a real piece of work firing 4500 rounds a min! I love to see what that would do to a Hind or apache :)

Upload it to:

www.megaupload.com

Simple!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Not sure if that dude should be holding that 30mm round - aren't the hurty bits of those rounds made from depleted uranium?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I think theres a cover over the uranium that melts off in flight.Due to the speed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its worth keeping in mind that the red tracer rounds that you can see in the video are normally placed in at every 5th round or so. So for every red one you see there are 4 others you dont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Rew wrote:
    Its worth keeping in mind that the red tracer rounds that you can see in the video are normally placed in at every 5th round or so. So for every red one you see there are 4 others you dont.

No, it was every round in that clip. It was specifically for show off purposes.

Advertisement