Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about digiweb wireless

• 13-07-2005 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have it or know of anyone with it?
    Im thinking strongly of getting it in as its just come available in my area this week, im gona go with the BizWave Enhanced 1 Mb 256kb € 79 No Limit 18 : 1 package, sounds good if it works, i've been onto them and they say that where i am is not a problem with getting the signal,
    Some advice please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

BizWave enhanced 1024/256 @€;79 excl. Vat...so about €95 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Im afraid so, theres notting else available to me at all where i live and there won't be for a long time, i could go for the €60 a mth 512/128, but which ever i choose i need to know that it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Its expensive...but not incredible expensive.

Well it appears IBB target the urban areas for wireless and Digiweb target the more rural areas.
    The 512/256 @€;39 excl. VAT is not too bad value as you wont have to pay line rental(if you dont have a phone anyway)....so @ €47 a month its acceptable.
    If on the other hand you have a phone line and already pay phone rental both of the Digiweb packages mentioned above are expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I know one person with Digiweb wireless and he wasn't been entirely flattering in his description of Digiweb. I'm sure there are users here who could give better feedback, but ultimately what's your choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Does anyone have it or know of anyone with it?
    Im thinking strongly of getting it in as its just come available in my area this week, im gona go with the BizWave Enhanced 1 Mb 256kb € 79 No Limit 18 : 1 package, sounds good if it works, i've been onto them and they say that where i am is not a problem with getting the signal,
    Some advice please

Where abouts are you located?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bullfrog

i have digiweb in virginia have to say i cant fault it, always on hi-speed internet it deadly, mine is wireless, the engineer came out on time and took about 1 hour to fit it very professional and explained everything to me, as i'm not great in the it area. i got the home wave 512k download its great with the wireless cos no landline needed or eircom rental. digiweb rock!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

digiweb had some 2.4Ghz gear of dubious distinction before they got 3.5Ghz licences. , its all in Meath and Louth. I think some is still in use .

for clarity sake the posters should say who made the box in the house and then we would know if it was 2.4ghz or 3.5ghz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bullfrog

mine is 3.7

bullfrog wrote:
    mine is 3.7

Queue angry Comreg droids thumping around Virginia with spectrum analyser. :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

i posted this on another thread.....

I just signed up to digiweb wireless broadband. Im too far from the exchange to get ADSL and it looks like the only option left. Digiweb say that their transmitter is live, however when I phoned up they said they would be under trials for another month or so. I wanted a engineer to come out to see if I can get hooked up but they told me to wait.

So what is Digiweb wireless broadband like ? Is line of sight required ? Does the connection drop much of the time ? Overall what do you think of it?

Thanks very much for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Sponge Bob is right there, Digiweb originally started off with their wireless in Dundalk and Drogheda and moved from there. I did not realise that they still used their old stuff. We considered getting it but there was the obstacle of a hill between me and Drogheda.

Anyway, as to if Digiweb would be good or not, the most important thing is location, location, location.

And a question of my own: what backhaul do Digiweb use for the wireless? I noticed that they sell satellite...

EDIT: Ive checked their website again and they cover collon now. I have a full view of that area even as I type. I would also be interested in their reliability.

I doubt they use the old stuff now . The North east has another wireless ISP and has had for years.

http://www.net1.ie/?q=node/8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The same Net1 who charge €349 for installation? We're not going to pay that out just because of eircom's inability to give us DSL. With Digiweb it's €86.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Digiweb actually use 5.8GHz as well in some parts of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

what is the 5.8ghz like ?? i havent a clue about the difference in all these frequences, does the higher frequency mean better quality in signal ?

Advertisement